2U

www.2u.com

A Young Professional's Dream

Student Support Manager (Current Employee) Landover Hills, MD

ProsThe company has such an incredible impact on peoples daily lives. In the role that I have, I have gotten to personally see the growth of people from all over the world as they earn their Masters degrees. Customer Services is top priority and it shows from the bottom all the way to the top of the company.

2U is fashioning itself to be the next Google in terms of employee satisfaction and fun. They actually ask you on their satisfaction report every year if you have a best friend in the company. That simple question shows that they care how you feel about coming into work everyday. They want to harbor these types of relationships here. Events are held by employees to gather everyone together in different areas just to have fun with each other. It's an exciting thing to be a part of.

ConsThe company is a start-up so there are some kinks they are working on figuring out. Sometimes career paths can be muddled, but they are striving to make that clearer. I have been with the company for several years at this point, so I have seen my fair share of ups and downs, somethings get taken care of right away - others take a little longer.

Work/Life balance are not amazing all the time - everyone works long hours and sometimes too often. The balance comes from within the employee but also from management, the expectations need to be realistic. They are getting MUCH better with this since the company has grown.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and excited for your employees to explore other opportunities within the company. If people see that you are happy for them, they are going to stay - and that's what you want. You want your good people to stay within the company.

Exciting mission, strong and competent leadership, and real opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - leadership has a clear vision and invests time to share with all employees - terrific co-workers, I'm a part of a… Cons: - there is a lot of work, but that comes naturally with… Advice to Senior Management: - stay visible and continue to communicate with people - continue… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay far away from this place

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) Landover, MD

I worked at 2U full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you are right out of college, the pay is… Cons: This place seems like one big party. The culture is "work hard, play hard" which sounds nice, but if you're used to some sort of… Advice to Senior Management: Make this like a real workplace. Groom professionals. It's fine to have fun, but you can do that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on 2U.

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!