2U

www.2u.com

Trending toward greatness

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) Landover, MD

ProsSenior Management fosters constant innovation while providing clear goals for themselves as well as each department. We are routinely asked to embrace changes that our peers, not management , have developed allowing many to step out of their day to day role and contribute on a much larger scale. This contribution has resulted in a greater sense of family/unity. Feedback is consistently requested to further evolve what we do well.. The mission of 2U attracts top people which forces you to bring your best each day because you know the person on either side of you is just as talented and driven. That said, from the C-level team down to managers the focus is on collaboration not cutthroat competition to move the business forward.

ConsEarly promotions were based on sales ability or friendships not leadership or management ability. Through a good HR process and clearer metrics across all departments the management team has grown in a much more productive way, internal promotions are deserved and evident by the time they occur. Related to this as the company has matured there were growing pains from employees that were excited by the "Start-up" mentality. We have moved past that but some have found it hard to embrace a more corporate approach to things.

Unless you live in DC the commute can be brutal at times. Additionally the options for lunch, or team gatherings after hours are severely limited in the immediate area.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course, find new ways to motivate just as you challenge teams to find new ways to improve.

A Young Professional's Dream

Student Support Manager (Current Employee) Landover Hills, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The company has such an incredible impact on peoples daily lives. In the role that I have, I have gotten to personally see the growth… Cons: The company is a start-up so there are some kinks they are working on figuring out. Sometimes career paths can be muddled, but they are… Advice to Senior Management: Be open and excited for your employees to explore other opportunities within the company. If people see that you are happy for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Exciting mission, strong and competent leadership, and real opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - leadership has a clear vision and invests time to share with all employees - terrific co-workers, I'm a part of a… Cons: - there is a lot of work, but that comes naturally with… Advice to Senior Management: - stay visible and continue to communicate with people - continue… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on 2U.

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!