2U
www.2u.com Landover, MD 500 to 999 Employees

Great Environment to Work In!

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsStarted out as an Intern, and I cannot see myself working anywhere else. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to work here full time after I graduated. We are motivated to work hard and play hard. I believe our CEO Chip has created an environment where we can be motivated, competitive, and a family. I see many of my senior colleagues as my mentors/friends. I know I can approach them with any problems I have at work or at home. My managers have been nothing but supportive of me, and I know I can trust them to look out for me as the company continues to expand. I look forward to all the challenges and changes 2U has to offer, because I know at the end of the day our CEO Chip is committed to his mission statement(s) and I know that fulfilling this is his number one priority.

ConsAs the company grows, I am worried about red tape getting into the way. While it has not necessarily been a huge issue, as we go from a 500+ company to 1000, I am worried that if I wanted to, for example, recommend someone for a job, it would take someone a lot longer to get back to me, simply because as the company grows, the pool of perspective employees will also grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementNotice people for their actions, whether or not they are loud spoken, I believe actions matter more than simply someone who knows how to talk.

2U is the place I never knew I always wanted to be!

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros: I have an opportunity to work with an amazing team of smart, innovative individuals every day. The company isn't afraid to try something new… Cons: Not a true con, but something to think about if applying for a job here. We work at lightening pace so you… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to listen to feedback from employees and remain open… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work hard, play harder mentality

Senior Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)
    Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros: Can wear what you want, great people, CEO is full… Cons: Lots of changes constantly many of times with little warning. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on 2U.

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 2U reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 2U CEO Chip Paucek. All reviews posted anonymously by 2U employees.