There are newer employer reviews for 2U

Fun company changing online education.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 2U full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual work environment with an open office environment. Free snacks. The company is full of great people.

Cons

Limited vacation and sick days offered, and your days off combine vacation and sick. Benefits could be better, especially related to maternity leave.

80 Other Employee Reviews for 2U (View Most Recent)

Great Environment to Work In!

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at 2U full-time for less than a year

Pros

Started out as an Intern, and I cannot see myself working anywhere else. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to work here full time after I graduated. We are motivated to work hard and play hard. I believe our CEO Chip has created an environment where we can be motivated, competitive, and a family. I see many of my senior colleagues as my mentors/friends. I know I can approach them with any problems I have at work or at home. My managers have been nothing but supportive of me, and I know I can trust them to look out for me as the company continues to expand. I look forward to all the challenges and changes 2U has to offer, because I know at the end of the day our CEO Chip is committed to his mission statement(s) and I know that fulfilling this is his number one priority.

Cons

As the company grows, I am worried about red tape getting into the way. While it has not necessarily been a huge issue, as we go from a 500+ company to 1000, I am worried that if I wanted to, for example, recommend someone for a job, it would take someone a lot longer to get back to me, simply because as the company grows, the pool of perspective employees will also grow.

Notice people for their actions, whether or not they are loud spoken, I believe actions matter more than simply someone who knows how to talk.

2U is the place I never knew I always wanted to be!

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have an opportunity to work with an amazing team of smart, innovative individuals every day. The company isn't afraid to try something new when we believe it is the right thing to do. We push each other to be great and the quality of our work speaks for itself. Leadership cares about us as individuals and supports a fun and energetic environment. We work very hard and we laugh a lot.

Cons

Not a true con, but something to think about if applying for a job here. We work at lightening pace so you need to be on top of your work and hold yourself accountable. Everyone on the team relies on you to do your part.

Continue to listen to feedback from employees and remain open to suggestions.

There are newer employer reviews for 2U

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!