2U
www.2u.com Landover, MD 500 to 999 Employees

Great place to work!

(Current Employee)
Landover, MD

Pros2U sticks to their 'no-asshole' policy by hiring the right people for the company culture. Everyone is friendly and eager to meet the new staff. I've met some amazing people here and get along with everyone I've encountered. I started as an intern and worked my way up to several different full-time positions within my first two years here. There is a lot of room for growth if you perform your current job at a high-level. The CEO is phenomenal and walks around to shake the hands of all employees. He cares about making sure his staff are taken care of and have fun while working hard. The mission of the company is meaningful. After every company call or meeting you feel as though you are truly contributing to bettering the lives of others. The casual dress code, spontaneous dance parties, always-available snacks and happy hours are all huge perks, as well. Convenient commute for those without cars, as it is extremely close to multiple public transportation lines. Slightly inconvenient if you are not taking public transportation, as the commute from DC takes about 30 minutes and Baltimore takes about 45. The work can be difficult and time consuming (isn't that why it's called work?), but in the end it makes you feel great about what you do each day.

ConsWith any start-up or growing company, it can cause late or unexpected long hours to get your work completed. I keep my work email on my phone so I have access at all times in case any urgent situations occur while I'm not in the office. Also, certain positions can have a high burn-out rate due to the demanding nature of the job, causing people to become discouraged when they are not able to move around to another position.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep burn-out rates low by keeping our culture's work-hard/play-hard mentality.

Fun company changing online education.

New York, NY

I have been working at 2U full-time for less than a year

Pros: Casual work environment with an open office environment. Free snacks.… Cons: Limited vacation and sick days offered, and your days off combine… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Environment to Work In!

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at 2U full-time for less than a year

Pros: Started out as an Intern, and I cannot see myself working anywhere else. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to work here full… Cons: As the company grows, I am worried about red tape getting into the way. While it has not necessarily been a huge issue, as we… Advice to Senior Management: Notice people for their actions, whether or not they are loud spoken,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on 2U.

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 2U reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 2U CEO Chip Paucek. All reviews posted anonymously by 2U employees.