2U

There are newer employer reviews for 2U

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (more than an year)

Pros

2U sticks to their 'no-asshole' policy by hiring the right people for the company culture. Everyone is friendly and eager to meet the new staff. I've met some amazing people here and get along with everyone I've encountered. I started as an intern and worked my way up to several different full-time positions within my first two years here. There is a lot of room for growth if you perform your current job at a high-level. The CEO is phenomenal and walks around to shake the hands of all employees. He cares about making sure his staff are taken care of and have fun while working hard. The mission of the company is meaningful. After every company call or meeting you feel as though you are truly contributing to bettering the lives of others. The casual dress code, spontaneous dance parties, always-available snacks and happy hours are all huge perks, as well. Convenient commute for those without cars, as it is extremely close to multiple public transportation lines. Slightly inconvenient if you are not taking public transportation, as the commute from DC takes about 30 minutes and Baltimore takes about 45. The work can be difficult and time consuming (isn't that why it's called work?), but in the end it makes you feel great about what you do each day.

Cons

With any start-up or growing company, it can cause late or unexpected long hours to get your work completed. I keep my work email on my phone so I have access at all times in case any urgent situations occur while I'm not in the office. Also, certain positions can have a high burn-out rate due to the demanding nature of the job, causing people to become discouraged when they are not able to move around to another position.

Keep burn-out rates low by keeping our culture's work-hard/play-hard mentality.

90 Other Employee Reviews for 2U (View Most Recent)

Fun company changing online education.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 2U full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual work environment with an open office environment. Free snacks. The company is full of great people.

Cons

Limited vacation and sick days offered, and your days off combine vacation and sick. Benefits could be better, especially related to maternity leave.

Great Environment to Work In!

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at 2U full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Started out as an Intern, and I cannot see myself working anywhere else. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to work here full time after I graduated. We are motivated to work hard and play hard. I believe our CEO Chip has created an environment where we can be motivated, competitive, and a family. I see many of my senior colleagues as my mentors/friends. I know I can approach them with any problems I have at work or at home. My managers have been nothing but supportive of me, and I know I can trust them to look out for me as the company continues to expand. I look forward to all the challenges and changes 2U has to offer, because I know at the end of the day our CEO Chip is committed to his mission statement(s) and I know that fulfilling this is his number one priority.

Cons

As the company grows, I am worried about red tape getting into the way. While it has not necessarily been a huge issue, as we go from a 500+ company to 1000, I am worried that if I wanted to, for example, recommend someone for a job, it would take someone a lot longer to get back to me, simply because as the company grows, the pool of perspective employees will also grow.

Notice people for their actions, whether or not they are loud spoken, I believe actions matter more than simply someone who knows how to talk.

There are newer employer reviews for 2U