2U

www.2u.com
There are newer employer reviews for 2U

Great all around company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

2U gives employees an excellent opportunity to not only make an impact in their jobs but in the world around us. The staff is very friendly and hard working. Most employees have advanced degrees and come from exceptional backgrounds. We really march to our own drum. We take what we do very seriously but still have time to laugh and have fun. It's great!

Cons

Employees can get overwhelmed because we are given tough jobs and then because we are ambitious we ask for additional projects and unlike other companies that I work for that find a million way to say no to giving opportunities at 2U if you work hard, have a positive attitude and perform well your most likely going to get it additional work.

Continue to support the employees and try to find new ways to let employees connect with each other socially so we are less silo-ed.

104 Other Employee Reviews for 2U (View Most Recent)

This is an excellent company with absolutely fantastic people.

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing with plenty of new opportunities. The management actually cares about employees. Great reputation in its industry. Family atmosphere. Open door policy. Senior executives roll up their sleeves along with everyone else.

Cons

There are more lateral than upward opportunities. The company is outgrowing the building that contains it. The work can demand a lot of effort after business hours.

There is a lot of undeveloped talent in the ranks. Consider promoting them before hiring from without.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (more than a year)

Pros

2U sticks to their 'no-asshole' policy by hiring the right people for the company culture. Everyone is friendly and eager to meet the new staff. I've met some amazing people here and get along with everyone I've encountered. I started as an intern and worked my way up to several different full-time positions within my first two years here. There is a lot of room for growth if you perform your current job at a high-level. The CEO is phenomenal and walks around to shake the hands of all employees. He cares about making sure his staff are taken care of and have fun while working hard. The mission of the company is meaningful. After every company call or meeting you feel as though you are truly contributing to bettering the lives of others. The casual dress code, spontaneous dance parties, always-available snacks and happy hours are all huge perks, as well. Convenient commute for those without cars, as it is extremely close to multiple public transportation lines. Slightly inconvenient if you are not taking public transportation, as the commute from DC takes about 30 minutes and Baltimore takes about 45. The work can be difficult and time consuming (isn't that why it's called work?), but in the end it makes you feel great about what you do each day.

Cons

With any start-up or growing company, it can cause late or unexpected long hours to get your work completed. I keep my work email on my phone so I have access at all times in case any urgent situations occur while I'm not in the office. Also, certain positions can have a high burn-out rate due to the demanding nature of the job, causing people to become discouraged when they are not able to move around to another position.

Keep burn-out rates low by keeping our culture's work-hard/play-hard mentality.

There are newer employer reviews for 2U