There are newer employer reviews for 2U

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Coordinator in Landover, MD
Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Coordinator in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Casual, creative and innovative work environment with a socially conscious leadership.

Cons

Start up with constant change

reviews filtered by
  1. Favoritism, favoritism, and politics!

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD

I worked at 2U full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have good pay, the benefits are great and an awesome company culture overall. They do their best to make sure employees are truly happy there. It shows in their efforts.

Cons

It is very unfair. They hold you to unattainable metrics and set you up for fialure if you are not one of the good ole' boys. Managers have favorites and they promote people by who their friend is, not by work ethic. There is no diversity and too much sneakiness. HR is not on your side, when you complain, they tell upper management, and the next day you are fired. Too many long hours, no work life balance.

Stop the favoritism and be fair. Stop firing people because of politics.

2. Great all around company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

2U gives employees an excellent opportunity to not only make an impact in their jobs but in the world around us. The staff is very friendly and hard working. Most employees have advanced degrees and come from exceptional backgrounds. We really march to our own drum. We take what we do very seriously but still have time to laugh and have fun. It's great!

Cons

Employees can get overwhelmed because we are given tough jobs and then because we are ambitious we ask for additional projects and unlike other companies that I work for that find a million way to say no to giving opportunities at 2U if you work hard, have a positive attitude and perform well your most likely going to get it additional work.

Continue to support the employees and try to find new ways to let employees connect with each other socially so we are less silo-ed.

There are newer employer reviews for 2U