Great mission, great people, great company

I worked at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros

First and foremost, the mission of 2U got me excited to go to work everyday. They are transforming higher education, and you know that your work truly matters in the lives of students. Chip and the managers do a great job at making you feel appreciated; especially by sharing updates on current students and programs, and then exciting news about upcoming partnerships. There was never a dull day during my tenure at 2U because everything moves very rapidly, but that is something that I loved about it. On top of that, the employees really embody the spirit of 2U, and make it lively and fun.

Cons

The pace. If you are someone who doesn't thrive in an environment that moves very, very quickly, then it may not be the best workplace for you.

Continue keeping the employees informed on the current partnerships and upcoming programs. I loved the fact that every level of employee, from intern to CEO, is afforded the same company wide transparency and respect.

Other Reviews for 2U

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Coordinator  in  Landover, MD
    Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Coordinator in Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual, creative and innovative work environment with a socially conscious leadership.

Cons

Start up with constant change

Favoritism, favoritism, and politics!

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor  in  Landover, MD
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Landover, MD

I worked at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have good pay, the benefits are great and an awesome company culture overall. They do their best to make sure employees are truly happy there. It shows in their efforts.

Cons

It is very unfair. They hold you to unattainable metrics and set you up for fialure if you are not one of the good ole' boys. Managers have favorites and they promote people by who their friend is, not by work ethic. There is no diversity and too much sneakiness. HR is not on your side, when you complain, they tell upper management, and the next day you are fired. Too many long hours, no work life balance.

Stop the favoritism and be fair. Stop firing people because of politics.

There are newer employer reviews for 2U.

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!