2U

www.2u.com

Great company focused on real outcomes

Director (Current Employee) Landover, MD

ProsAmazing company culture, we are growing but there is a concerted effort to maintain some level of a start up environment. Work had, play hard (cliche but actually true) A lot of opportunity if the skill set is there, team player, and the timing is right. NIce to be a part of a company that is making a real impact in an industry that ultimately matters to everyone...education.

ConsLike most companies, there are a lot of office politics. That being said I think most business practices are improving. Some departments are better than other. Not a lot of diversity at the SVP to C-Level management (women and minorities). Terrible paid time off benefits, and when you do take vacation you get a hard time from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less reactive. If something is working/not working, don't always immediately push the breaks or gas. When this happens so frequently you lose the trust of your employees who have to constantly pivot thier priorities and time....ultimately resulting in employees not knowing what is really important.

Great mission, but lax work environment

Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) Landover, MD

I have been working at 2U full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great salary for flexible hours, company culture is upbeat Cons: disorganized, favoritism in promotions, lots of complacency in employees Advice to Senior Management: foster more collaboration between departments, HR should offer transfers between… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pretty Good Company, but like any startup, there are issues.

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) Landover, MD

I worked at 2U full-time for more than a year

Pros: I worked in the MBA@UNC program for a year. When I worked there we had catered lunches, and the parties/office events were a ton of… Cons: Promotions, leads, and recognition tended to be based on political favoritism within the organization. Working at 2U is a lot like being back in highschool.… Advice to Senior Management: Pretty good overall. Try to be realistic about goals and expectations. In the year that I worked with the program, the department as a whole… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on 2U.

Worked for 2U? Contribute to the Community!