2Wire

www.2wire.com
  www.2wire.com
There are newer employer reviews for 2Wire

good folks, crappy location, good products, good time

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at 2Wire

Pros

A real company with real customers and real products. More or less sane decision making and expectations. Cool to see products in wide distribution and your friends and families house. Fun casual work atmosphere where intelligence, hard work and commitment are recognized and appreciated.

Cons

location is post industrial urban sprawl strip mall. lunch options are unhealthy and meager. you're selling to phone companies and have to put up with all that implies: c students making decisions, disinterested un-knowledgeable middle managers making product decisions because each one of the companies customers are so important you have to keep them happy.

Diversify customer base. I know they know this, but they need to make it happen. Get a better lunch room with better food options. My high school cafeteria had better food.

48 Other Employee Reviews for 2Wire (View Most Recent)

Make sure to get on your supervisors good side

Former Employee - Technical Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at 2Wire

Pros

- Friendly Co-workers. They help get you through the bad days.
    - Training was good. The trainers I had were knowledgeable and fun to work with.
    - When your numbers are good the place has a relaxing atmosphere.
    - If you plan ahead enough it is easy to get the days you want off.

Cons

- Very 'clique' supervisors. If you aren't in their inner circle don't ever expect to move up unless your numbers are so stellar that they can't ignore you. If you do get in that circle, congratulations! You will be on your way up in no time.
    - If there is an error on your stats, tough. I tried fighting errors in my numbers with documented call by call evidence. Didn't help one iota. Supervisors will not go up to bat for you.
    - Your stats are your identity. Particularly your bad stats. Have a bad week? Your great past performance means nothing. If your numbers are bad some supervisors will throw you under the bus to get you off their team so their bonus doesn't suffer. (again, if you aren't in the "in" group)
    - Lowering the pay. From when I started to when I left the starting pay for the new guys had dropped by $2 and all raises across the board were frozen for the year.
    - If you get stuck on a call, don't expect to get help.

Take a good hard look at your floor supervisors and the people they surround themselves with. You may see something you don't like.

Living at 2wire

Current Employee - Tech Support in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at 2Wire

Pros

interesting entry level job into the field of computer tech support.

looks great on a resume.

Cons

uncomfortable chairs

constant brow beating to meet call times

no access to internet to browse web to look up answers.

no explanation on how to read the backend support tech guides provided by and for ATT employees. If you can use it and understand it then thats great but if you can't then screw you.

not really anything you can do. Its a sweat factory for basic customer service disguised as tech support.

There are newer employer reviews for 2Wire