3 Day Blinds

www.3dayblinds.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for 3 Day Blinds

I have worked at 3Day for the past 5 years and have enjoyed the entire experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a positive atmosphere where people really support each other in solving problems and growing the business. We have values that we honestly live by that include Teamwork, Integrity, Customer Satisfaction and excellence. I have not worked for any other company that takes thier values so seriously. Another thing is that we are always trying new ways to do things better like new products, new systems, new tools to make the job easier. Its a good place to work.

Cons

Things move very quickly so you have to be focused and resillient. To stay on top, you have to constantly change to improve. I don't mind this but I know it is hard for some people.

It would be great if there were a way for the people in the office to meet the people in the field.

43 Other Employee Reviews for 3 Day Blinds (View Most Recent)

Very hard work, long hours, takes a long time to be able to earn a living.

Current Employee - Design Consultant
    Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time

Pros

There are many exceptional employees at this company I love to work with. Helping customers with their home design is fun. The design aspect is creative and the products are nice.

Cons

Commission only. The bonus structure has been adjusted to make it more difficult twice in the past 12 mos. There are very few trainers or senior designers on staff. It's easy to make design mistakes and when you do the compensation drops even lower. The penalty stays with you a long time. The DC's are held responsible for most every situation with a return or reorder. It's difficult to make personal financial plans as it's possible to have commission taken away and have no money on a paycheck. There needs to be a base salary to help us survive tough weeks because there is still plenty of customer service work to be done.

We put in many hours without compensation (meetings, conference calls, e-learning, return trips to resolve CS issues) and then we are hounded on daily sales performance. Use the quarterly sales numbers to evaluate us. It's more accurate. Not all orders get pushed into production same day. Lighten up and give us some credit. Too many new people are hired without regard for the consequences for the existing employees. UPDATE THE SCHEDULING PROGRAM and let customers choose available time slots for design consultants in coordinated routes. Save us some gas $$$$$$. Other businesses do it all the time.

My experience with 3 Day Blinds was very good.

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Long Beach, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company offers flexible hours. I had great, friendly coworkers and the commute was not bad.

Cons

The pay was not the best. I did not receive yearly reviews.

I would highly encourage the management to ride along with the staff when they go out on appointments.

There are newer employer reviews for 3 Day Blinds