There are newer employer reviews for 3 Day Blinds

A fun place to work, where you're backed by a dedicated team of professionals!

Current Employee - Design Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Design Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

3 Day Blinds does everything it can to support the sales team. Management is accessible, friendly, and responsive to ideas from the field.

As a salesperson, it is important to me that I work for a company that backs up the promises that I make to my customers, and 3 Day Blinds does this 100%.

The company provides us with all of the materials that we need to do our jobs - from samples to marketing materials to a laptop and printer, I am given all of the tools that I need to perform at a top level.

Our merchandising team is constantly reviewing market trends and looking to develop products that excite our customers. This means that I have beautiful products to sell, which makes my job more enjoyable. We seem to be coming up with updates and new additions to our offerings a couple of times a year, keeping things fresh and interesting for both myself AND my customers. I love our products and it shows in my sales presentations.

Cons

As with any company, there are areas that can be improved upon. However, 3 Day Blinds does tackle problems as they arise. Management is very responsive and is always looking for ways to improve our systems. The "open door" policy of the company means that any employee is free to discuss their concerns without worry. In fact, it seems to me that most of our problem solvers are non-management people. This is truly a company that listens.

Keep listening to your people! I love the culture of this company, and I love the direction we are headed in with our new products and sales opportunities!

33 Other Employee Reviews for 3 Day Blinds (View Most Recent)

Very hard work, long hours, takes a long time to be able to earn a living.

Current Employee - Design Consultant
    Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time

Pros

There are many exceptional employees at this company I love to work with. Helping customers with their home design is fun. The design aspect is creative and the products are nice.

Cons

Commission only. The bonus structure has been adjusted to make it more difficult twice in the past 12 mos. There are very few trainers or senior designers on staff. It's easy to make design mistakes and when you do the compensation drops even lower. The penalty stays with you a long time. The DC's are held responsible for most every situation with a return or reorder. It's difficult to make personal financial plans as it's possible to have commission taken away and have no money on a paycheck. There needs to be a base salary to help us survive tough weeks because there is still plenty of customer service work to be done.

We put in many hours without compensation (meetings, conference calls, e-learning, return trips to resolve CS issues) and then we are hounded on daily sales performance. Use the quarterly sales numbers to evaluate us. It's more accurate. Not all orders get pushed into production same day. Lighten up and give us some credit. Too many new people are hired without regard for the consequences for the existing employees. UPDATE THE SCHEDULING PROGRAM and let customers choose available time slots for design consultants in coordinated routes. Save us some gas $$$$$$. Other businesses do it all the time.

3 Days? Really?

Current Employee - Design Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are made to feel like you run your own business.

Cons

Appointments are pre-screened and scheduled for you which is nice, but there are also "same day" appointments so you basically feel like you are on call all of the time and have to be ready to go at a moment's notice...all the while you are not being paid for this.

Management says they care about their employees but many of them are working at below poverty wages and you constantly have to defend your actions and are punished for the slightest mistakes.

There are newer employer reviews for 3 Day Blinds

Worked for 3 Day Blinds? Contribute to the Community!