There are newer employer reviews for 3 Day Blinds

Excellent toward customers, terrible to employees.

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Orange, CA
Former Employee - Design Consultant in Orange, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I felt confident that I was selling a quality product and that I needn't worry about the quality of what my customers would receive. The sales samples, laptop, cell, and tech support were excellent.

Cons

Scheduling was done by customer service reps with no regard for logistics, so appointments were never scheduled sensibly or efficiently. If a customer were to ask me to change their appointment I was not allowed to do so and had to go through several layers of beurocracy to do so. Leaving it on my calendar affected my close rate which affected whether I was given 'good' appointments. Hours were demanding, with a minimum of 20 appointments run per week including mandatory evening and weekends. This means, with driving, paperwork, follow-up, and second-appointments, that an average work-week was 60 hours. Often more. Commissions were paid on a schedule that required .01% error rate on all orders. That is fine, except that all errors made by anyone (installer, factory, etc.) were attributed to me and had to be fought, meaning that commission payment was a constant battle. There were 22 different products which had to be available to show at every appointment and each one had to be understood and entered into the computer system correctly and quickly, despite the system being quite tedious for order entry. This made appointments slow to finish, which annoyed customers and sometimes required second appointments, which cost me money and time. My manager was efficient and kind but the system was brutal and was not designed to retain good, intelligent reps. It was designed to burn through reps without paying them their bonuses. Shame.

Other Employee Reviews for 3 Day Blinds

Design consultant

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The other design consultant are nice

Cons

They are Cons. The pay is awful and the work is hard. Beware there not enough appointments, you will be forced to try to find your own.

Advice to Management

Better pay!

Insanely disparate pay structure

Former Employee - Art Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're upper management and want to take your entire family on vacation on the company's dime.

Cons

Insanity. We would develop a budget for a photo shoot, for instance, it would be approved. We'd be ready to fly to the east coast for it and as it got closer, the budget would be pulled. It would be blamed on the board of directors. This happened time and time again. When you have new product, you need photos to show the client, so it was truly baffling. Or, I'd be in the middle of a large project, i.e., the design guide. I've hired a writer, who's spectacular, we've got a great direction going. Every body loves the first section that's been developed, and the budget magically disappears. Upper management blames the board of directors. Also, I found out that the company pays the already overpaid CEO's rent to the tune of 7 thousand dollars a month. Because paying his own rent is clearly a hardship when one makes over 400 K a year. The factory workers in Mexico make $2 a day.

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy egomaniacs.

3 Day Blinds Response

May 23, 2014 – Recruiting

It’s unfortunate when someone chooses to unfairly represent their former employer in a forum such as this, and present information they know to be untrue. We sincerely hope that anyone reading ... More