There are newer employer reviews for 3 Day Blinds

Excellent toward customers, terrible to employees.

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Orange, CA
Former Employee - Design Consultant in Orange, CA

I worked at 3 Day Blinds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I felt confident that I was selling a quality product and that I needn't worry about the quality of what my customers would receive. The sales samples, laptop, cell, and tech support were excellent.

Cons

Scheduling was done by customer service reps with no regard for logistics, so appointments were never scheduled sensibly or efficiently. If a customer were to ask me to change their appointment I was not allowed to do so and had to go through several layers of beurocracy to do so. Leaving it on my calendar affected my close rate which affected whether I was given 'good' appointments. Hours were demanding, with a minimum of 20 appointments run per week including mandatory evening and weekends. This means, with driving, paperwork, follow-up, and second-appointments, that an average work-week was 60 hours. Often more. Commissions were paid on a schedule that required .01% error rate on all orders. That is fine, except that all errors made by anyone (installer, factory, etc.) were attributed to me and had to be fought, meaning that commission payment was a constant battle. There were 22 different products which had to be available to show at every appointment and each one had to be understood and entered into the computer system correctly and quickly, despite the system being quite tedious for order entry. This made appointments slow to finish, which annoyed customers and sometimes required second appointments, which cost me money and time. My manager was efficient and kind but the system was brutal and was not designed to retain good, intelligent reps. It was designed to burn through reps without paying them their bonuses. Shame.

34 Other Employee Reviews for 3 Day Blinds (View Most Recent)

Design consultant

Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The other design consultant are nice

Cons

They are Cons. The pay is awful and the work is hard. Beware there not enough appointments, you will be forced to try to find your own.

Better pay!

Don't trust a company that has to tell you they have integrity.

Current Employee - Design Consultant
    Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at 3 Day Blinds full-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible schedule and nice latops.

Cons

Lots of work, lots of mico managing. No compassion at all. I had a serious injury and after 6 weeks of UNPAID leave. They let me go. So much for their core values of integrity, one team, and doing the right thing.

Have some compassion!