314e

There are newer employer reviews for 314e

Good first job

Current Employee - Associate in Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Associate in Fremont, CA

I have been working at 314e full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Great work/life balance, don't have to bring your work home.
-You have an 8-5 or 9-6 job (can come in any time between 8-9am and leave after your 8 hours + 1 hour lunch)
-Not too stressful of a work environment
-Just established a commission plan, though the plan is not as competitive as other places, still is more than the commission plan previously offered, which was nothing
-Free Monday morning breakfasts (usually bagels, yogurt, and granola)
-Young company/employees that mostly consists of recent grads, fun young environment
-Employees who leave this company normally advance to bigger and better opportunities, great first job and a transition between college and the real professional world

Cons

-Young company/employees, means immaturity in some cases
-No idea how they decide to promote or favor some employees while completely failing to recognize others, only throwing money at them when they feel like or know that employee is about to leave
-Lack of transparency in senior management
-CEO is not willing to loosen the purse strings to provide more perks for employees. We are a young company, and know what our peers with our skill sets are being provided at their companies. This creates desire to leave the company when we feel we aren't being appreciated, and only feeds the very high turnover rate (employees normally leave after the 10-14 month mark )
-Virtually no/very little opportunity for growth. After associate there is team lead (there's only 2) on the recruiting side, none on sales side, and after that is only Director level which no Associate has or probably will reach.

Please show some more employee appreciation as well as provide more opportunities for growth. This can help with he high turnover rate. Also, favoritism is very obvious and we are very aware of it.

17 Other Employee Reviews for 314e (View Most Recent)

You get out of it what you put into it

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at 314e full-time

Pros

Great starting point post college. Definitely a learning environment; the peers are great to work with and it's a fun environment without a lot of pressure. The smaller size allows for more growth as you get to take on a variety of different roles, and you are able to express opinions and make suggestions to upper management. I've seen a lot of negative reviews about this place, but from my experience if you work hard and communicate frequently with management your hard work will eventually be recognized and rewarded. They really like to see initiative, and if you make it known that you want to learn more and do more, more responsibility will be awarded.

Cons

This place definitely moves at its open pace, and there can be some slow times. More communication and employee appreciation is necessary, but I have seen a lot of improvements since I first started working here. Less of a disconnect between associates and management is necessary.

If you don't want high blood pressure, avoid this company.

Former Contractor - Epic Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Epic Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 314e as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I got a paycheck, although sometimes it was late.

Cons

Late payrolls. Lazy, uninformed recruiters. Account nazis who removed expenses from reports without reason or notification. High turnover among internal employees. They've completely forgotten to mark large expense reports as approved, delaying payment. If you work for them as a contractor, expect at least one frustrating email a week where they are trying to rip you off. Also expect them to be totally inconsistent as to what's reimbursable and what's not when traveling.

Train your recruiting and office staff better, and maintain your finances so you don't stiff people on their paychecks.

There are newer employer reviews for 314e