There are newer employer reviews for 3D Systems

Growing through acquisition at the expense of core knowledge

I worked at 3D Systems

Pros

You get to work with interesting technology and smart people. Their products have the potential to change a lot of industries.

Cons

Upper management doesn't respect the workers. Record profits, meager raises. Laying off key workers during acquisition so the books look good.

Stop thinking so short term, take real time to plan, trust your employees want to the right thing and stop handicapping them with ridiculous schedules and tight budgets.

reviews filtered by

good experience, fair wage, (decent programmers)

Current Contractor - Director B U S Projects-short in Remote, OR
    Current Contractor - Director B U S Projects-short in Remote, OR

I have been working at 3D Systems as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

they give you good wages for the work but the competition with others is challenging. people like the industry because of news stories about dog legs and baby limbs.

Cons

not many, just be ready to compete with certain types of programmers that are just as qualified but much much cheaper for the company. difficult to compete. they don't have a central phone system. might as well just be using cell phones. the "receptionist" is a stay at home

stop trying to force outside software into the company and let us improve our own real crm. sales force is dumb for this business. realize we need 'from scratch' software, and make sure it's secured! also, we need more help from the directors of special projects. they have titles and responsibilities but no actual power to affect change.

Hectic, but rewarding

I have been working at 3D Systems

Pros

The technology is up and coming, making it a unique industry to be in. 3DS leads in the US market. On the whole, employees at all levels are able to take on responsibility during projects and pitch ideas for the future. The environment is also very collaborative and open.

Cons

There's a bit of a preachy feeling regarding how awesome 3D printing is and what it can do for the world. Also, frequent growth by aquisition makes management more poorly structured than it could be.

There are newer employer reviews for 3D Systems