3D Systems

www.3dsystems.com
  www.3dsystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for 3D Systems

Growing through acquisition at the expense of core knowledge

I worked at 3D Systems

Pros

You get to work with interesting technology and smart people. Their products have the potential to change a lot of industries.

Cons

Upper management doesn't respect the workers. Record profits, meager raises. Laying off key workers during acquisition so the books look good.

Stop thinking so short term, take real time to plan, trust your employees want to the right thing and stop handicapping them with ridiculous schedules and tight budgets.

45 Other Employee Reviews for 3D Systems (View Most Recent)

Tons of potential

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

3DS is literally on the cutting edge of technology and everybody here seems to be working really hard to stay there. I also work hard but love what I'm doing. It's really the opportunity of a lifetime. I feel like I am trusted and encouraged to take risks and get to work with a lot of different people across the organization on many of the exciting things going on.

Cons

The pace of our growth can be challenging, there's a lot of work and it comes at an incredibly fast pace. But the opportunities that come from that are endless.

Improvements still needed in organization and infrastructure. Need to align entire company around a single strategy, especially with all the new acquisitions.

Liking life in the fast lane

Current Employee - Manager in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excited to be part of an amazing company in a transformative industry. Employees given a lot of responsibility and flexibility. Great teammates. Good benefits. The long distance runners are rewarded. Like the casual and dog-friendly work environment.

Cons

Be prepared .. things move fast and people are committed and work hard. This is not a 9 to 5 job.

Need to do better with internal communications. Should organize more fun activities on site.

There are newer employer reviews for 3D Systems