3D Systems

www.3dsystems.com
  www.3dsystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for 3D Systems

I can't imagine a worse management team

I have been working at 3D Systems

Pros

Interesting industry, visionary strategy by the CEO, you get to use 3d printers whenever you want... Don't really have to do any work...

Cons

Worst execution I have ever seen In a company... Horrible morale across the company, nobody trusts anyone, everyone overworked so they can't help you, horrible quality products, the list could go on...

There needs to be a level of managers below Abe that is fully empowered to manage their part of the business. Don't try to control everything from the top - put a good team in place and coach and support them...

43 Other Employee Reviews for 3D Systems (View Most Recent)

Growing through acquisition at the expense of core knowledge

I worked at 3D Systems

Pros

You get to work with interesting technology and smart people. Their products have the potential to change a lot of industries.

Cons

Upper management doesn't respect the workers. Record profits, meager raises. Laying off key workers during acquisition so the books look good.

Stop thinking so short term, take real time to plan, trust your employees want to the right thing and stop handicapping them with ridiculous schedules and tight budgets.

Extremely fast paced - it's great if that's your thing

Current Employee - Manager in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at 3D Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Things at 3D Systems move faster than anywhere else I've ever worked. I knew that going in and that's what attracted me to the place. It's understandable that some people would find that to be a negative and a lot of the reviews on here seem to confirm that. To me, it's the best part of the job.

-The whole 3D printing industry is still a nascent space and this is a company that still thinks and moves like a startup, so there is a ton of opportunity. I've been genuinely impressed at the degree of freedom I've been given to try new things and feel like the company does a good job rewarding initiative.

-Even though there's a lot of work, the company is very flexible with scheduling, which certainly improves the work-life balance.

-It's cool to be able to work with such cutting edge technology on a daily basis.

Cons

-Most of the people here work extremely hard and hours are longer than in most places. So be prepared. But this speaks more towards the type of people who work here than the office itself. The company seems to attract people who are obsessed with getting stuff done.

1) Do a better job getting information out about updates/strategy/etc across the company. With so many acquisitions, it can sometimes be hard to figure out what's going on.

2) Try to make the workplace more fun and creative