3M
www.3m.com Saint Paul, MN 5000+ Employees

3M - hidden opportunities

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
Maplewood, MN

Pros3M has a very innovation oriented culture. Employees are encouraged to come up with even incremental process and product improvements.

Coworkers are very cooperative. There are very few barriers to information sharing. You can go across the campus to another lab and get the resources you need for your project.

ConsTo succeed in 3M, you have to be working in a core technology such as films, adhesives or biochemicals. If you are in a support group or division, opportunities for exciting projects or career advancement are limited.

Mid level managers seem to have very little power. They have very limited ability to help their direct reports in performance improvements until it is too late.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the mid level managers and lab directors to make the necessary changes. Make them more enaged in the careers of their direct reports so that they can provide effective feedback and guidance.

Just a little 3M

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at 3M

Pros: An open and fairly casual attitude about delivering sales results is the best reason for working at 3M. We are prodivded the tools and traning… Cons: We are a big company that moves very slow to make changes if they can be made at all. If one… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

3M, a PROUD company to work for

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Ames, IA

I have been working at 3M

Pros: Lots of good benefits and opportunities are available at 3M. Bosses are usually hands off (perhaps because they are so entangled in meetings). It is… Cons: 3M, which comes from M M M, stands for "Meetings, Meetings, and More Meetings". Hence 3 M's. Every day passes with at least a meeting… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management need not any advice from the likes of us. They live to better the company every day. However, they should pay attention… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on 3M.

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!

3M – Why Work for Us?

​​​​About 3M​​ Welcome to a world where your inspired ideas fuel endless progress. At 3M, you’ll help us develop the products that change the way people live and work. And you’ll realize boundless opportunities for your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 3M reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 3M CEO Inge G. Thulin. All reviews posted anonymously by 3M employees.