3M

www.3m.com
  www.3m.com
There are newer employer reviews for 3M

Out of 38 years 10 were terrible.

Former Employee - Lead Analyst IT in Saint Paul, MN
Former Employee - Lead Analyst IT in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at 3M

Pros

Free parking, good working environment, nice co-workers that try to do the best job they can for the company.

Cons

Incompetent unqualified management, CEOs over the years received huge raises when employees got little to no raise. Nepotism, secretly cousin of manager got moved up 3 levels in one promotion to the job I earned company did not do their job on this issue. Inappropriate language used my manager to employee and company took no action on the issue.

If nepotism can be proved demote or fire those involved no matter how long ago it happened. Promote qualified people to manager positions, Stop political promotions and promote the best qualified people that contribute the most to the organization.

652 Other Employee Reviews for 3M (View Most Recent)

Great People, Frustrating Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at 3M

Pros

Great place to learn the basics and experience an old-school hierarchical sales force and engineering focused culture. We are really, really good at being big. When the younger generation takes over this company will be a very different place (hopefully).

Cons

Politics. CONSERVATIVE culture. Very limited understanding of new media, modern brand management, or anything cutting edge (if this company was a sad man at the bar it would be 55 and whiter than minnesota). We are so good at over-engineering stuff that our customers don't want sometimes it's silly.

Make a lot of small bets. Embrace the changing face of tech. Trust and empower young and upwardly mobile employees.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Tech Aide in Maplewood, MN
    Current Employee - Tech Aide in Maplewood, MN

I have been working at 3M

Pros

Great job for getting your foot in the door. Very personable, competent coworkers. Potential for high mobility within the company.

Cons

Contract workers stick around longer than usual, which can be good and bad. Poor communication with regards to external application process.

There are newer employer reviews for 3M