Great Company

Pros

Managment looks after their employees

Cons

Can be repetitive/boring Takes a long time to move up

Other Employee Reviews for 3M

1. Professional and knowledgeable coworkers

I have been working at 3M full-time

Pros

Many resources to continue professional growth

Cons

The legacy systems are slow

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Be aware of what you are joining.

I have been working at 3M (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company if you are prepared to give your self over completely to it. You can earn the money by working plenty of hours and give your family a good start in life. It's is possible to get to the top in the company. Good products that will always carry the company through.

Cons

Like to call themselves an ethical company but one thing I've learnt over the years is that I want to work for a moral company. By ethical company I mean they know what is right and say the right words but do something else. I once filled in an "anonymous" survey and the following day received a phone call and was questioned on what I had put and then got the survey back to reconsider what I had put. To advance you have to learn how to play the game, it's not about knowledge or skills it's about networking. This has gone on for as long as I have have worked for 3M till now it's ingrained and part of the company. Those at the top have got there on the whole by this means and don't know how to spot knowledge or skills because they have never had to use them. Be careful what you say on here as they do monitor sites like this.

Advice to Management

Nothing I have not said in person.