3M

www.3m.com

Pretty good company

Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

Pros3M is a pretty good place to work. The company is full of some of the nicest, most intelligent and hard working people you could ever meet. The benefits and pay are better then most. The layoff risk is pretty low.

ConsIt is very hard to change jobs or receive significant pay raises. Benefits are not as good as they used to be. The current employee rating system is flawed with something like 70% of employees all receiving the same evaluation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is so difficult to change career paths at 3M, we need to do more to encourage risk taking in managers when it comes to hiring. Additionally, the rating system needs revamping if everyone gets a 3/5 how do you truly identify potential stars?

Company Innovation is Key, but your thoughts are unwelcomed"

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at 3M full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Low pay but great benefis including a company car and… Cons: You have to be absolutely agreaable to every idiotic idea… Advice to Senior Management: Learn from Steve Jobs and embrace the word "no"... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good pay, great parent company

Mintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) Northridge, CA

I have been working at 3M full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This company has a high level of fiscal stability, due to the fact that its a… Cons: The personnel that have been here for ten years or more (80%of all employees) have established a "good ol' boy"… Advice to Senior Management: Become more hands on with the employees, and attempt to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on 3M.

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!