3M

Good Place to Work!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bedford Park, IL
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bedford Park, IL

I worked at 3M

Pros

Family friendly, excellent pay, great benefits, flexible schedule of hours, good communication, good working conditions, management was very personable. A good place to work.

Cons

Old warehouse, needed alot of updating, could only advance so far at this location due to everyone staying until they retired!

Always be open with your employees regarding the state of the company. It's good to know what's going on at the top.

669 Other Employee Reviews for 3M (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Technical Aide in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Technical Aide in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at 3M

Pros

Great opportunities for future growth and career development. Respect given by management, and ability to work to your potential. Team work and great leadership.

Cons

3M is a very large company and can sometimes make it harder to be noticed and recognized for your efforts by upper level management. However, strong effort is made to recognize those who contribute greatly.

For the hiring process sometimes degree titles should be overlooked in cases where a degree doesn't specifically say the word "engineer". The lack of that term doesn't mean that a candidate is not qualified to be an engineer with a scientific degree with engineering background and experience. I believe too much stock is placed on the degree title and school it came from. Very strong candidates can come from small schools with great degree programs.

Great Job while in school

Former Employee - Technical Aide in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Aide in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at 3M

Pros

3M is an interesting, exciting, and fun place to work. With different divisions, it encompasses all job types from medical to chemical, research and development, international, administrative, and many others. I truly enjoyed working there and learned so much using machines and processes I would never have been able to use while attending college.

Cons

While working in the Research and Development area, I found the majority of the people I worked with to have trouble interacting with others. I believe this is because the majority of the people I worked with were PhDs and were very very very focused on their work. However, I couldn't even get a friendly hello out of them in the hallway. This social ineptitude showed in our meetings and management strategies as the meetings dragged on and very little got accomplished.

Provide more professional leadership and management training for team and project leaders while at 3M. Not just Six Sigma or other similar programs.

There are newer employer reviews for 3M