3M

www.3m.com

Good Place to Work!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Bedford Park, IL
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bedford Park, IL

Pros

Family friendly, excellent pay, great benefits, flexible schedule of hours, good communication, good working conditions, management was very personable. A good place to work.

Cons

Old warehouse, needed alot of updating, could only advance so far at this location due to everyone staying until they retired!

Always be open with your employees regarding the state of the company. It's good to know what's going on at the top.

Other reviews for 3M

Great Job while in school

Former Employee - Technical Aide  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Aide in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

3M is an interesting, exciting, and fun place to work. With different divisions, it encompasses all job types from medical to chemical, research and development, international, administrative, and many others. I truly enjoyed working there and learned so much using machines and processes I would never have been able to use while attending college.

Cons

While working in the Research and Development area, I found the majority of the people I worked with to have trouble interacting with others. I believe this is because the majority of the people I worked with were PhDs and were very very very focused on their work. However, I couldn't even get a friendly hello out of them in the hallway. This social ineptitude showed in our meetings and management strategies as the meetings dragged on and very little got accomplished.

Provide more professional leadership and management training for team and project leaders while at 3M. Not just Six Sigma or other similar programs.

Great place to start a career, the name will carry a lot of weight with higher paying employeers

Former Employee - Sales Training Supervisor  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Training Supervisor in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Surround yourself with some very passionate people

Cons

you can often find yourself working for someone from an entirely different business unit, unfortunately their experiences leave them as a fish out of water and they offer little value in their new role, their lack of business knowledge and lack of network can inpede your advancement.

Compensation at 3M is another negative, as you can see in the salary area, 3M jobs from entry level to Director level are at least 20% lower than comparable Fortune 500 companies

Get back to treating your employees as if they are highly valued. 3Mers realize that they could always make more elsewhere, but when they were treated as important the moral was high.

There are newer employer reviews for 3M.

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!