There are newer employer reviews for 3M UK

Varied - opportunity to move around the organisation

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at 3M UK

Pros

Ability to move around compan nd experience different roles. Gain Experience.

Cons

Poor compensation as compared with market...

Vital few - understand who they are in the organisation as well as what they are....

6 Other Employee Reviews for 3M UK (View Most Recent)

Family Style Company Slow Pace

Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at 3M UK

Pros

- good balance of life/work
    - flexi work (core hour 10 to 3)
    - nice people
    - free parking

Cons

- slow slow slow in everything
    - no budget for training/education prepare for DIY from Day1
    - career path depends on your boss/mgr retirement

make ECDP work as it should be

Sales focused - not good at seeing the big picture

Former Employee - Marketing in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at 3M UK

Pros

BIg varied company - potential to work in a number of different businesses. Dedicated people, many of whom have been there a long time. Good external reputation

Cons

Sales focused - no real idea about marketing. Spent a lot of money in the last couple of years developing a marketing excellence programme, but haven't had the guts to follow it through. Obsessed with detail and data, but won't spend the money on customer research to find out what customers really want. Very technology and manufacturing focused.
    Low morale amongst marketers who feel undervalued and unable to utilise their skills, and sick of the short term obsession with intricate financial detail. There is a tendency to trust 'the system' rather than the knowledge and experience of the marketers.

Implement the marketing excellence programme, and listen to your customers in all businesses, especially the consumer facing ones.
    Take a longer term view on marketing spend - acept that some programmes will not deliver in the same financial year.
    Put in place the systems and resopurces to actually allow your marketers to measure the success of their programmes - hard sales numbers are very important, but so are local brand strengths and perceptions.
    Launch products, instead of just letting them escape
    Allow sales and marketing to work together - the current structures just line up fights
    Let us meet and share best practices with our International colleagues - and then credit us with having the knowledge to understand our own markets and the ability to identify what is appropriate for our customers.
    Live the mantra - really 'put the customer at the heart of everything that we do' all the way through the organisation, and give us the support to do this.

There are newer employer reviews for 3M UK