Employee-focused, responsive to customers, great place to learn and grow

I have been working at 5280 Solutions

Pros

5280 has smart people in the right leadership roles who understand how to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of employees. Able to execute large, complex projects with minimal friction. I get individual attention from visible leaders to solve my workplace challenges and map out my career options. This is a learning organization in every sense of the word. GREAT place to practice my chosen profession.

Cons

5280 is an agile company that must respond to rapid change. Sometimes struggles to deliver on big projects, but no worse than others I've worked for.

Keep running the company so the best people love it. Your focus on rewarding those who contribute the most separates your company from the rest. Senior leaders will give you the shirts off their backs to help you achieve personal and professional goals. It's unique among IT companies I've worked for. Would follow you guys into battle anywhere. GREAT JOB!!

Other Reviews for 5280 Solutions

A Good Place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at 5280 Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Solid Industry, a company that provides good customer service and is seeking to build upon their successes. The people who run this company understand what it's like to be in the trenches with the geeks and value their people. Work life balance is getting better. Many weeks are only 40 hours. Time off compensation is great!

Cons

Behind on technology, and are only now finally warming up to Agile methodologies. Sometimes you do have projects that take longer hours. And the major business season is from July through September, so you need to plan your summer vacations accordingly.

Continue the focus on a single process and using technology to make that process possible. Make newer technology for developed products a priority and look to expand into new avenues of business with the financial systems you offer.

5280 Solutions is a great place to work

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at 5280 Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A true performance based company. Great if you are a performer.
    Most managers are leaders, not managers.
    Always looking to the future and new ideas.
    Majority of employees have 5+ years.
    Fun, relaxed environment to work.

Cons

A lot of complaints about salaries being low, but offset by over 22 days off/year to start and other Pros listed.
    Medical benefits could be better.

Reconsider the benefits. The high deductible might keep premiums down, but some of us would consider a higher premium for a PPO like plan with no or smaller deductible. I do appreciate the quarterly challenges to earn money to help offset the deductible.

There are newer employer reviews for 5280 Solutions.

Worked for 5280 Solutions? Contribute to the Community!