A good IT contracting company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at 5280 Solutions

Pros

Focused on Denver. Ethical and open on IT Contracting and opportunities. Benefits are good when you can get them. Still treat IT Contracting at an arms length.

Cons

The organization is very focused on IT Contracting and Consulting. After an assignment is complete, you are basically on your own to find the next assigment. When typical of IT Contracting, I would have expected 5280 Solutions to offer additional options.

Consider focusing on career advancement options for the contractors and consultants working with the organization. Can the group collaborate together or work together based upon them being part of the same company?

Other Reviews for 5280 Solutions

Great place over the years. Going through some changes again.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at 5280 Solutions

Pros

The people and the management really care about you. Good leadership team. Fair. Other reviews look like they are from people that have left or been let go. I believe the current employees mostly like the organization although continual change leaves people guessing about what is next.

Cons

Going through some changes. Integration with Nelnet NDS is not easy. Some of the focus of the smaller 5280 Solutions is being lost in the larger Nelnet organization. Worried about autonomy.

Keep caring. Protect the culture that has been built over the years.

The worst job I've had in my 20-year experience in the IT industry.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at 5280 Solutions

Pros

22 days of vacation. One of the industry's best.

Cons

Zero work-life balance. Expect to work 60 hour weeks because of sales/PMO incompetence in promising impossible deadlines. They will also promise you the job as "do your 8 hours a day and go home", which is an absolute lie. People with zero understanding of development process are in charge of making key technical decisions. Most people are scared for their jobs and go with the flow from fear of retribution.

Quit your day job and go flip burgers.

There are newer employer reviews for 5280 Solutions.

Worked for 5280 Solutions? Contribute to the Community!