7-Eleven
www.7-eleven.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Over worked and underpaid

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at 7-Eleven full-time for more than a year

Prossome of the sales associates

ConsOur manager has NO CLUE how to run his store. He does not even know the basics. He does not even know how to run a register. He sits in the office all day pretending he is doing something and demeans his associates. Expects his minimum wage employees to do his work because he does not know how to do it himself and is unwilling to learn or ask.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee managers that know how to run a store and manage it. A store manager should never ask an employee to do something he is not willing to do himself or doesn't know how to do. This makes for a very stressful work environment when you have a manager that can't even work alone for an hour or two but expects his employees to work 8 or 9 hour shits and to pick up his slack. Customers are getting frustrated also and we are losing sales because of management.

Death of a c-store icon

Field Consultant (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at 7-Eleven full-time for more than a year

Pros: Store level employees that are hungry for leadership. POS system that… Cons: Extremely poor leadership in some markets. Management that thrives on fear and threats to motivate employees. Employees afraid to speak out in fear of retribution.… Advice to Senior Management: Know your field staff intimately. In markets where you are struggling the main culprit is more than likely the Market Manager and the Field Consultant… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Frustrating

Guest Experience Agent (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 7-Eleven full-time for more than a year

Pros: * Company car * Flexible schedule * Some very down-to-earth and enjoyable… Cons: * Politicking--difficult to trust "the team" when "the team" is only focused on getting ahead * Mindless work--not a good fit for those hoping to use… Advice to Senior Management: Hire the right employee to the job, dont just hire to hire. Recognize employees for their skillsets, not their ability to blow smoke. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on 7-Eleven.

Worked for 7-Eleven? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 7-Eleven reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 7-Eleven CEO Joe DePinto. All reviews posted anonymously by 7-Eleven employees.