84 Lumber
www.84lumber.com Eighty Four, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company to work for if you have no experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at 84 Lumber full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat entry level opportunity into retail and construction industries. Most people you work with become close friends. Think of it as a second family. The pay can be decent if you are in a good store location. Otherwise it's a long journey.

ConsStandard work week consists of 48 hours as a MT and Co. As a manager bank on working 50-56 hours a week. Manager pay is too bonus weighted. Goals for bonuses are sometimes unobtainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't manage by intimidation. It only causes jadedness. Set realistic goals for stores. Stop being so aggressive with your corp. numbers and let the stores hit quota. Corp needs to be reminded that this is a "down" economy.

Mgr trainee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at 84 Lumber full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great training, pay, and lots of work Cons: Cold weather, minimal supervision, little manager interactio Advice to Senior Management: Involve salesmen more in the store operations. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Need for a culture change

I have been working at 84 Lumber

Pros: Corporate location and good people. Cons: Organizational problems. Need to hire more from outside the company. More

There are newer reviews on 84 Lumber.

Worked for 84 Lumber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 84 Lumber reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 84 Lumber CEO Joseph A. Hardy Sr. All reviews posted anonymously by 84 Lumber employees.