85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe

www.85cafe.us
  www.85cafe.us
There are newer employer reviews for 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe

Great and fun place to work.

I worked at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe

Pros

The people you work with and the opportunity to work in different areas of the store.

Cons

Other than extremely busy, not much to complain about.

Talk to your employees more on what they feel can be improved.

23 Other Employee Reviews for 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe (View Most Recent)

Storefront Associate Review

Current Employee - Store Front Associate in Chino Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Store Front Associate in Chino Hills, CA

I have been working at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Great co-workers
    - Always able to learn something new (bar, cake station, pos system, bread section, back up tea, etc)
    - Seems easy to rise up as a lead if you work hard and show good leadership skills/initiative

Cons

- Feels like we should be paid more for the amount of work we do

Favoritism and Super Biased.

Current Employee - Store Front Associate in Cerritos, CA
    Current Employee - Store Front Associate in Cerritos, CA

I have been working at 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The co-workers that you bond with may end up becoming one of your closest friends.

Cons

They give you the benefit of the doubt for promotions. And when you ARE promoted, you wont get "officially" promoted until a month or two later. thus, you're being paid the same wage to do MORE extra work. The hours are not consistent. Our supervisors gave hours to the people she favored more. Favoritism. Seriously, unless you suck up, you won't get anywhere. You'll actually be targeted until you get a write up. Management are big hypocrites. Trainers are terrible. Nothing is organized . There are no benefits of working here other than your 10% discount. Honestly, It's just a hell hole.

Take time to appreciate your workers instead of talking smack behind their backs. You shouldn't give promotions to people who don't qualify for it. Just because you are a lead doesn't mean you should let the authority get to your head.
    Retrain all of your leads to make sure they know what they are suppose to do, how to treat their employees, and how to deal with customers. Stop being a hypocrite and follow through with the rules you make for the team as a whole.

There are newer employer reviews for 85c Cafe Bakery and Cafe