8x8

www.8x8.com
  www.8x8.com
There are newer employer reviews for 8x8

A victim of the Good old boy network

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They throw a good party, they lavish gifts on sales, and they feed us on a regular basis.

Cons

If you are older, not a member of the ruling clique, or not a young female, there is no opportunity for advancement. And now Customer support will be run by the bean counters. Our customers will hate us more than they do now.

Make a clean sweep,

29 Other Employee Reviews for 8x8 (View Most Recent)

Amazing growth, ambitious and personally rewarding.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at 8x8

Pros

The level of professionalism along with the internal practice of true open-doorism provides for a progressive style company.

Cons

Remote privileges are tight and often not granted if you live locally, unless you have a medical reason that is acceptable or other biased basis.

Make it cool and they will come. Make it sizzle and it will sell.

Great place of work with young vibes

Current Employee - Training and Development in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Training and Development in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is going through a lot of changes and growth. The CEO really cares about employees and is very transparent about giving positive feedback, informing employees of changes in management, etc. There are fun get-togethers a couple times a year. The pay is competitive and the environment is playful. There are bean bags and games to provide a mental break during the work day. Though 8x8 is small-medium now, I could easily see if approaching the prestige of bigger tech companies like Google or Facebook.

Cons

The culture, while evolving, still feels a little outdated and stuffy. There have been recent changes (relaxing the dress code, adding more perks, catered lunches) that seek to emulate bigger names in the tech industry, but it is just taking some time for the company and everyone in it to catch up. The new-ish CEO was definitely a good move though. Training is thorough and growing rapidly to be comprehensive. Management is transparent with employees.

Keep doing what you're doing, but don't be afraid to relax and allow change to happen.

There are newer employer reviews for 8x8