99 Cents Only

www.99only.com
There are newer employer reviews for 99 Cents Only

Disorganized - Disappointing - Depressing

I have been working at 99 Cents Only

Pros

Small company atmosphere with large company perks
Autonomy in your duties
Regular salary reviews and raises based on performance
team comradery (doesn't exist in all groups though)

Cons

inept officers and senior level managers
they consistently step over $100 bills to save pennies
lack of any real direction
no firm understanding of IT and why it is necessary, yet they want the bells and whistles
facilities are lacking the look and feel of a multi billion dollar corporation, very depressing offices

The company has so much potential to be greater than it is. Treating the employees better, hiring more competent staff, moving ALL of the IT staff to Tx and start managing the company more like the large corporation it is as compared to some mom and pop store would help move things in the right direction.

76 Other Employee Reviews for 99 Cents Only (View Most Recent)

My opinion only.

Former Employee - Reatail Staff in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Reatail Staff in New Orleans, LA

I worked at 99 Cents Only

Pros

It was a n ok place to work. This is not the best place for advancement. I wish there was more than just manager roles at the store level. Turnover is higher than other retail chains, but the general work environment. Benefits and discounts, they have a staff cafeteria with an all you can drink soda station.
    Unstable management, they kept moving around to other stores and most were unappreciated.Pay is just okay but there are good benefits including 401k and tuition reimbursement. Ikea has a very flexible scheduling system which works out very well. Probably the best thing about working here.

Cons

They care about there employees. The company has a relaxed vibe but the stores do get very hectic when they’re busy. If you work at least 20hrs a week you are eligible for health and dental insurance. Pay is $16 an hour.My experience with this company started out fine. Invoices paid on time and professional. Then it turned on a dime, worked for over 6 months without pay. Refused to return emails, phone calls. Called from pay phones so I could get my call answered. The only place I ever worked where they simply refuse to pay their bills. Nuff said.

N/A

Low paying, but EASY

Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ

I worked at 99 Cents Only

Pros

The job itself is incredibly easy. I simply scanned the items, and the ones that did not have an appropriate barcode would give the lovely "Uh-Oh" sound and you simply press a button to bypass that item, and use the tax or no tax button. There is no memorization of prices because hey, everything is 99 cents!

Cons

Boring work atmosphere; no incentive to do your best. Everyone who works there is very gossipy, and there is a lot of talking going on most of the time.

I really like shopping at the stores, but the employees leave much to be desired. While I realize that low-payed employees are one way to keep the cost of the items down, it should be mandatory for all employees to be dressed in a appropriate manner, not looking like they just woke up!

There are newer employer reviews for 99 Cents Only