Aéropostale
www.aeropostale.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Aeropostale was a great first-job, but not a career building place.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsYou are encouraged to wear jeans and flip flops to work. You get decent discounts. Some of the clothes are pretty cute. There's always something happening within the company to try and promote sales in a fun way. Depending on the store manager, your pay can be pretty nice.

ConsThere is not much room for growth while working there. Unless you are 21, you are not getting promoted. Be prepared to work with high school kids who only want to get drunk and/or high. There is definitely a clique within the establishment.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not get drunk with the high school kids. Also, you may want to actually fit in the clothes that you're trying to sell to other people.

my experience at Aero is one i'll never forget

Merch Flow Associate (Current Employee)
    Spotsylvania, VA

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time for more than a year

Pros: ~great discounts ~positive energy ~great pay if you do what your suppose… Cons: ~hard to move up to management in a high volume… Advice to Senior Management: COMMUNICATE MORE Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great workers, irritating corporate.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great people that you get to work with, lots of team building and friendships… Cons: Hours are always in flux, and corporate never helps or… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate needs to be restructured. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aéropostale.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aéropostale CEO Thomas P. Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees.