There are newer employer reviews for Aéropostale

I was a Keyholder at Aeropstale and I think it's a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Keyholder in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Keyholder in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great discount; 30% off of everything, and you recieve %50 off anything in the store once a month. -The company cares about you and wants you to move up. -The company is strictly about customer service which i think is very important in a retail business. -The pay is very competitive.

Cons

-There are alot of promos,marketing changes, and markdowns and the company doesn't give you enough payroll hours to complete the tasks in the designated amount of time. - You sometimes have to work crazy hours, and having a weekend off is tough to get.

Advice to Management

I think management would be alot happier if there were more payroll hours to complete markdowns, marketing changes, and promos. When the expectation is not to start on these tasks until close, it is impossible to get them done in a hour with only you and an associate working.

Other Employee Reviews for Aéropostale

1. It is a good job but one I HOPE TO MOVE ON FROM

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, PA

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount is good at 30% but the company its self seams to be going in a million different directions.

Cons

only pays minimum wage, and they take forever to send out the schedule

Advice to Management

Give some pay raises and send out schedules for the up coming weekend sooner than Friday night

2. Way overworked! Not given tools to succeed.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aéropostale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Somewhat decent pay for retail. earn one personal day a month.

Cons

Never given enough hours,to properly run store. Direction from home office is never consistent Don't have an effective training program. ridiculously long hours you are required to work during holiday Low price point men's a constant battle with cheap customers. I was hired by Aero thinking there would be a lot of opportunity, boy was I wrong. The company offers littles opportunity for advancement unless you just want to move to a higher volume store. Store managers are given little freedom to actually run the store. the DM spends all of their time micro-managing instead of working to help train the managers. They recently made changes to management head counts so many stores are required to run with only 2 full time managers. I was hired and left in a store with a newly hired AM as well and left to fend for myself without help from the DM on how to run the store. And if you are down a manager you will get no help from others stores, the SM is expected to work all of their hours as well as the management hours of the manager you are short(even if it is just bc your manager is on vacation) The company is constantly running and changing promotions that are confusing to the customer( once we even changed promotion half way through the day). Also the black out dates for not being able to take vacation are worse than any other retail place I have worked, bc in addition to what is listed in the handbook the dm and rm will just make up days that you can't take vacation (ie last day of the month, last saturday of the month, spring break, mothers/fathers day weekend, Easter weekend) If you are thinking of leaving your current retail job for aero(especially in the St. Louis/Kansas City/Springfield area) I would try to do as much research as possible and try to talk to people who work or used to work there. it won't be hard to find many who used to work there.

Advice to Management

Provide enough hours for stores to run effectively and successfully.