There are newer employer reviews for Aéropostale

Great experience! Fair and amiable management, amazing discount.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, ME
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, ME

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (more than an year)

Pros

30% discount including clearance plus 50% 2 tops, 2 bottoms, 2 accessories a month.
Willing to schedule as many or as few hours as I was willing/able to work.
Worked around my class schedule
Management spent time explaining the WHY behind everything and involved lower level employees in merchandizing and store-level marketing.
Sizable raises on a regular basis for motivated employees
Ability to move up relatively quickly with good attitude and work ethic, despite no previous experience
FUN!

Cons

Starting pay is average for industry standard (low in general)
"The regular" retail gripes. Rude customers, late nights/early mornings/weekends/holidays.
Shift supervisors need to be over 21 years (too bad for mature, motivated but younger employees)

My experience was amazing, due in very, very large part to my management. My store manager was fair and respectful of subordinates. He always made us feel like a team and even made mixed Christmas CDs and brought in goodies around the holidays (participation was of course voluntary). Floor sets were fun and always involved music and pizza. Like I mentioned before, the supervisors were always trying to involve sales associates in whatever higher-level tasks they could. TONS of positive reinforcement and therefore very little need for negative counseling or "write-ups". Advice? Keep hiring management like the store manager and supervisors I had.

537 Other Employee Reviews for Aéropostale (View Most Recent)

I did not enjoy it.

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The coworkers were good people, and it wasn't a bad job for a sixteen year old boy.

Cons

Three hour shifts and being on call for for a three hour shift are horrible.

Give the employees real shifts.

A great summer job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone was really friendly and they were welcoming and great to work with.

Cons

At times, the on-call system was stressful and made it difficult to make plans. I also was limited in the number of hours per week.

There are newer employer reviews for Aéropostale