There are newer employer reviews for A.C. Moore

You mean nothing to this company, not worth it

Former Employee - Associate in Davie, FL
Former Employee - Associate in Davie, FL

I worked at A.C. Moore part-time

Pros

if you are a crafty person discounts are good. You meet new people with creative minds, and great ideas, and you learn from them and even from customers

Cons

This company does not care about their employees. It seems that they always ask for more and more every time and give nothing in exchange. You will find out that seasonal people might be starting with a higher pay than some people that have been there years ago and dont get a decent raise. This company was fun to work for at the beginning but now it has decline so bad to the point where employees just think about they moment their shift end the second they walk in to work. Some customers can be pretty nasty with the way the want their coupons to work, so beware of that. Oh and there is a lot of stuff to put back, and recovery is never done because there is always a long line at the cashiers and there is never enough people on the schedule anyways...and the one to blame for that is the company itself since they want to cut hours and expenses anyway they can...Another thing, management is also a victim of the very-hard-to-please supervisors and corporate overall. They change their mind so many times and dont seem to know what they are doing and make everyone below them stress about the things they bring up...yes, there are so many things wrong with this company

Advice to Management

Value your employees after all, they are humans, communicate with them, motivate them constantly to work instead of insulting and threating them, work together and train everybody the way you want them to work for you.
Advice to supervisors and people above: make better choices, and think about realistic goals you want this company to follow, visit the stores more frequently, see what is being done wrong and advise what needs to be done in order to make you guys happy, that way employees and management dont have to run at the last minute recovery in order to impress you..which by the way the store will never be perfect for you no matter what.

reviews filtered by
  1. Learned a lot, but so happy to have moved on!

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Fairfax, VA

I worked at A.C. Moore full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ability to move up the ranks quickly
    Customers are usually nice
    Get to help with crafts and be creative

Cons

Cleaning up at night can be daunting because there is so many tiny items
    Very low pay, even in management.

Advice to Management

Thank your employees more and reward them for their contributions.

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!

Current Employee - Allocator/Replenisher in Berlin, NJ
    Current Employee - Allocator/Replenisher in Berlin, NJ

I have been working at A.C. Moore full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Got the position on my resume which opened other opportunities to me (thank God)! That was the only pro. If you're into crafts, I guess the discount is a plus.

Cons

Very bad experience from the beginning. Shame on me for even accepting this offer. I applied for the job and was set up for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was sent a rejection e-mail. A couple of weeks later, I get a call/e-mail saying that they misspoke and there have been some changes so they would like to bring me in for an interview. That should have been a red flag right there. (Come to find out they had hired someone who quit after two days. Go figure.) They brought me in for the interview, and I was pretty confident I got the job. I did. When I got the offer call, the HR rep (who knew NOTHING btw…) offered me a salary lower than the range they gave me during my initial interview! I of course counter offered, and they accepted, but still paid me the lower end. I commute more than an hour each way and spend $6.00 on toll a day. I would have liked something to properly offset the cost of the commute.

There is also no longevity here. There is no natural progression that people can take. You are stuck where you are at. I have never worked at a company like this before!

There is no communication between the various departments.

Everyone here is miserable; no one smiles or speaks. It is also located in the middle of no where!

Luckily for me, I quit. Regarding that, I have not even finished my two weeks and HR sent someone from IT to my cube to reprogram my computer (locking me out).

BE WARNED – DO NOT WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Lose your egos and you have a chance of moving out of the stone ages. Also, follow up and follow through with issues. Don't throw your hands up and play hot potato. Take ownership over your team - train, coach and develop. Create career paths.

There are newer employer reviews for A.C. Moore