A.C. Moore

www.acmoore.com

this job will drain any enthusiasm you may have for it.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Reading, PA

ProsThe best thing about working for A.C. Moore is that I know it's not as terrible as Michael's. There is some freedom in your day's structure and some personal satisfaction on doing your job well.

ConsIf you are a hard worker, your reward will often be.........being assigned more work. It is remakably thankless to work there. If you volunteer to cover a long weekend for the store, no one will thank you. The schedule is only posted two days prior to the next week, and there are often nasty surprises on holiday weekends, when some employees who have never worked a certain weekday will suddenly be assigned that day if it's a holiday. The pay is not competitive. This would be ok if there was some lenience with time off, or respect for your family's schedule, or respect for your lunchbreak, but there is not. Morale is not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is really a lack of follow-thru on support for the stores. Some IT problems just never get fixed. Corporate really doesn't listen.

Overall a good place to work. It has its ups & downs with the customer aspect, but its a retail store.

Custom Framing Specialist (Current Employee) East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at A.C. Moore

Pros: You really learn a lot at AC Moore, on the job especially. You get to communicate with customers as well as coworkers. I have learned… Cons: The pay sucks! Seasonal workers were/are getting paid more than me when Ive been working there 2 years longer than they have been. Also, the… Advice to Senior Management: Show gratitude for your associates more often.. Raising the pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not good....

General Manager (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

I worked at A.C. Moore

Pros: There were many good reasons to work at A.C. Moore… Cons: Senior & middle mgmt do not know how to effectively… Advice to Senior Management: Resign and turn control over to someone who knows what they are doing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on A.C. Moore.

Worked for A.C. Moore? Contribute to the Community!