A + Educational Centers

Get to help kids

Tutor (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at A + Educational Centers

ProsYou often get to meet great kids and wonderful families. Get to practice basic skills. Often relaxing, but occasionally stressful.

ConsCompensation for extraneous costs to the tutors is slow, and occasionally not granted, which ultimately comes from my paycheck. From what I know, other companies pay upwards of $20.00 vs a meager $12-15 here. You often have to commute to homes (sometimes far away) and then you only get paid for gas. You often tutor in impoverished neighborhoods.

Sometimes the kids and families are not so nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more for the work we do. We put ourselves in less than friendly neighborhoods to uplift kids. Don't be so frugal with compensation. At a rate of $80.00 per hour being charged to the Federal Government for kids to get free tutoring it doesn't quite seem right...

Look elsewhere if you want to tutor.

Tutor (Former Employee)
Oxnard, CA

I worked at A + Educational Centers part-time for more than a year

Pros: The happiness of the children who want to be helped, when you have improved their understanding of the subject (Math or English). The… Cons: The c.e.o. and owner casts a dark shadow on everyone and everything at A+. She has no clue about how to manage people (except to… Advice to Senior Management: The owner should quit as c.e.o. and return to being… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on A + Educational Centers.

Worked for A + Educational Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at A + Educational Centers reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by A + Educational Centers employees.