A.M. Best

www.ambest.com

Pleasant Setting Doesn't Make Up For Poor Company Culture

Programmer/Analyst II (Former Employee) Oldwick, NJ

ProsBeautiful campus, excellent co-workers, good prospects for long-term employment; and there are some excellent people in low-level management. Adjacent to exit 24 of I-78, making a commute from almost anywhere in North/Central NJ (and some parts of Pennsylvania) fairly convenient.

ConsStultifyingly conservative culture; management and HR set themselves up in a deliberately confrontational position with employees; benefits are the bare minimum they can get away with and still be able to attract talented employees. Promotions are few and far between; you'll hear more about people in upper management shuffling their seats than you will about people in the rank-and-file moving into new positions. HR is condescending and suspicious and treats every employee as a ne'er-do-well who's looking to cheat the company in some way.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome into the 21st century when it comes to employee benefits -- and employee relations, too; there's no need to intentionally model yourselves on Dickensian villains. Care about turnover -- there's a real problem when most of your staff leaves after a year or two.

OK Place to Work

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Oldwick, NJ

I have been working at A.M. Best

Pros: Not too stressful work environment. The company is fairly decent… Cons: They like to infantilize their employees with silly rules about what kind of… Advice to Senior Management: Ask human resource management to find better things to do with… More

Good experience in working for a magazine

Intern (Former Employee) Oldwick, NJ

I worked at A.M. Best as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The people are extremely helpful, incredibly nice, and very supportive. The work-life balance… Cons: I was just an intern so sometimes I didn't have very… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on A.M. Best.

Worked for A.M. Best? Contribute to the Community!