A Place for Mom
www.aplaceformom.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

I love it and it one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.

Elder Care Advisor (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at A Place for Mom

ProsYou can make your schedule flexible, but you need to work over 40 hours to make this job work for you. Expect to put in 60-70 hours your first year. The families love your help; it is very reqarding.

ConsI don't think a lot of new advisors coming on board quite get the resources that are available to families so developing trust is key. You have to be the expert. Many people are hired from a sales background with little to no senior background work so they tend to be money and numbers driven which is not what this field is about. The sales process is extremely slow which is to be expected in this kind of sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage is great! They listen to what we say and try to take what we say and implement it. I think they do a great job.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Elder Care Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros: A great training week in Seattle. They spend a TON of money to make you feel like an asset to the company. They… Cons: Once you leave Seattle, everything changes. From the policies you signed to the training they say they are going to give you.. nothing is… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to have a better training program in place. They need to tell new advisors the full truth during the interview process (being… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Place To Work If You Like Commission Only Work

Elder Care Advisor (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros: Excellent opportunity to help others. Good income levels after you get past ramp up. Excellent training that is ongoing including… Cons: Ramp up is at least 6 months, so be prepared for this! This job is not for people who are not… Advice to Senior Management: It would be nice to have a base salary. Even a small one would be more helpful than a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on A Place for Mom.

Worked for A Place for Mom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at A Place for Mom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for A Place for Mom CEO Sean Kell. All reviews posted anonymously by A Place for Mom employees.