A Place for Mom

www.aplaceformom.com
  www.aplaceformom.com
There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

Financially? Biggest mistake of my life

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros

Being an eldercare advisor is amazing - great personal satisfaction helping a family go from a nightmare to a resolution. The education you will receive, if you are hungry and look for it, is amazing.

Cons

No money. Micro-managed. Too many hats to wear so that you become a jack of all trades and a master of none, a telephone system that is a joke, 50 - 60 hours a week but you can only claim 40 which, if I'm 100% commission, why do you need my hours anyway? No respect from Sr Management. You're easily expendable. No loyalty from mgmt at all.

How about you pounding the phones for about 2 months just like I did every day before you start telling me how to do my job better? How about walking a mile in my shoes at 100% commission - not your inflated salary, with the same technology I have to work with, with all the hats I have to wear - do that for about 2 months and let's see how successful you are - EARN MY RESPECT.

114 Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom (View Most Recent)

APPLY For the JOB if you LOVE TELEMARKETING

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros

Growing industry and good solid training for a future career path...but not with APFM

Cons

Terrible compensation for the amount of work involved. The quotas have been set way too high and all the creativity and accomplishment has been removed from the position. Management says they are listening, but most of us felt very mislead and many good people are leaving

They wouldn't listen

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

You will learn industry terms so that you may obtain a professional position elsewhere.

Cons

The job is totally misrepresented. The leads they provide are impossible to turn into moves. Mostly Medicaid due to poor lead sourcing yet they keep telling you to "work" them. Before hiring you are told all leads are provided and then learn that you must find your own leads to get paid.
    POOR benefits - no vacation pay, 10 cents per mile (industry others pay 55 cents), 55 to 60 plus hours that you are forced to record as 40, goals keep increasing while pay decreases or is impossible to achieve.

Stop lying to the field staff who pay your salary.

There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom