A Place for Mom

www.aplaceformom.com

The thought behind this company is wonderful. Helping families find safe environments for the seniors they love.

Family Counselor (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI loved helping families in crisis. To know that you could provide the information that they needed when they were feeling lost was incredible. Loved working from home.

ConsToo bad that if they didn't have the funds to live in a private pay AL or retirement community that you were pretty much out of luck to help them. I was actually told that if they didn't have the money I needed to 'dump them' and move on to someone who did. I can't tell you how many people I called from my home phone to give them info that would help them, so I wouldn't get in trouble...again...for spending time on families without funds. I accepted the job to help people, and I determined to do just that, whether they had money or not. My last straw was when I needed time off to care for a senior in my own family and was raked across the coals for it. My supervisor actually asked me if I planned on moving hom into a facility, because she would be my counselor. What, so she could get the credit for the move? My background is in senior housing and I can d take care of that myself if I ever need to. Instead I left the company and care for my father myself at home.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis could be a great company if they learn to treat people with respect and dignity...employees, partner communities and families without huge pockets.

APPLY For the JOB if you LOVE TELEMARKETING

Elder Care Advisor (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros: Growing industry and good solid training for a future career… Cons: Terrible compensation for the amount of work involved. The quotas have been set way too high and all the creativity and accomplishment has… Advice to Senior Management: They wouldn't listen No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Financially? Biggest mistake of my life

Elder Care Advisor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros: Being an eldercare advisor is amazing - great personal satisfaction helping a family go from a nightmare to… Cons: No money. Micro-managed. Too many hats to wear so that you become a jack of all trades and a master of none, a… Advice to Senior Management: How about you pounding the phones for about 2 months just like I did every day before you start telling me how to do my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on A Place for Mom.

Worked for A Place for Mom? Contribute to the Community!