A Place for Mom

www.aplaceformom.com
There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

One of the best jobs I have ever had.

Current Employee - National Assessor in Bend, OR
Current Employee - National Assessor in Bend, OR

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home, good pay, very rewarding and a sense that you are truly helping others in need. Compensation is very high compared to any other home office based job. Anyone who could not make more than $50k in the advisor job after a year, just wasn't good at this job. It is a 40 hour job, some people just don't put in the time out of a home office. After 20 months, I still love it!

Cons

Some night and weekend work. Must be able to self manage. Used to be full commission, now is salary commission. Not for everyone, must be very compassionate and work well with people over the phone. The first year when it was salary only was very difficult. Recent changes have helped with that.

116 Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom (View Most Recent)

Poor team leaders, micromanagement, and no real advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The call center has an amazing view, the company will help pay for a bus pass, and some team leaders try really hard to make work as fun as they can.

Cons

There aren't any real advancement opportunities, some team leaders have a penchent for micromanaging, and it felt like I was working in a sweat shop.

Stop micromanaging, actually promote people.

The thought behind this company is wonderful. Helping families find safe environments for the seniors they love.

Former Employee - Family Counselor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Family Counselor in Chicago, IL

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved helping families in crisis. To know that you could provide the information that they needed when they were feeling lost was incredible. Loved working from home.

Cons

Too bad that if they didn't have the funds to live in a private pay AL or retirement community that you were pretty much out of luck to help them. I was actually told that if they didn't have the money I needed to 'dump them' and move on to someone who did. I can't tell you how many people I called from my home phone to give them info that would help them, so I wouldn't get in trouble...again...for spending time on families without funds. I accepted the job to help people, and I determined to do just that, whether they had money or not. My last straw was when I needed time off to care for a senior in my own family and was raked across the coals for it. My supervisor actually asked me if I planned on moving hom into a facility, because she would be my counselor. What, so she could get the credit for the move? My background is in senior housing and I can d take care of that myself if I ever need to. Instead I left the company and care for my father myself at home.

This could be a great company if they learn to treat people with respect and dignity...employees, partner communities and families without huge pockets.

There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom