A Place for Mom

www.aplaceformom.com

Great Opportunity to gain New Skills and Career Advancement

Search Engine Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI have been working for A Place for Mom for almost 2 years and have had several opportunities to gain new experiences and move up within the company. I started as a call center employee right out of college, back when the company was much smaller. After several months of great performance they started having me train the new call center employees. I loved the job and the challenges it presented. I had expressed to my supervisor that I was interested in trying to go to different departments to help with finding a future career. She helped me join a pilot program for the marketing department. My manager helped me every step of the way; from learning the basics to discussing theories and best practices. After a few months I was offered an official position on the team and was beyond excited. I have even become certified through Google and Microsoft.

The travel compensation makes my very long commute easier financially which is great. Plus the sun decks and ping pong tables are a great way to relax and get away from the computer for a few minutes every day.

ConsSnack budget was cut so there are no longer any free snacks.

Noticeable lack of department interactions. Nearly zero interactions with individuals from other departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate the practice where we receive monthly updates directly from the CEO. It helps me feel connected to the different departments and keeps me up to date on what is going on in the company.

There should be more office sponsored activities to promote communication and interactions for individuals from other departments. This helps the company create a better work environment because people will be more comfortable knowing the people they work with.

Poor team leaders, micromanagement, and no real advancement opportunities.

Elder Care Advisor (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time for less than a year

Pros: The call center has an amazing view, the company will help pay for a bus… Cons: There aren't any real advancement opportunities, some team leaders have a penchent… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micromanaging, actually promote people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The thought behind this company is wonderful. Helping families find safe environments for the seniors they love.

Family Counselor (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time for more than a year

Pros: I loved helping families in crisis. To know that you could provide the information… Cons: Too bad that if they didn't have the funds to live in a private pay AL or retirement community that you were pretty much out… Advice to Senior Management: This could be a great company if they learn to treat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on A Place for Mom.

Worked for A Place for Mom? Contribute to the Community!