Promising opportunity, always growing

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time

Pros

- Fast paced environment - Always opportunities to learn - Feels like a start up - Great coworkers - New challenges - AWESOME location, very easy commute from north Seattle neighborhoods I feel that my job allows me to be much more creative with this company than a similar position with a larger company. I also have a full view of Lake Union from my desk, and it's really nice to have such a great view while I work all day.

Cons

- Benefits are not as competitive - Changes can sometimes be unpredictable

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This is a really fun growing company with lots of opportunities to advance. The company values its employees opinions.

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, people, company sponsored activities, community involvement, opportunities within the organization, bus pass, bonus.

Cons

The medical benefits could be a little better.

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening to your employees!

Go back to Expedia!

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor
    Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A Place For Mom used to have a solid business plan. The focus was on the family. The advisors worked their local market to truly HELP families. If you wanted a feel-good job that could be very lucrative with hard work and discipline, this was the place to be! New management changed all of that....

Cons

AWFUL management team came from Expedia and knows NOTHING about the senior housing industry. They have turned what was once a wonderful company into a remote, home-based call center. Advisors who were paid well last year on a pay for performance model are now being reduced to working nights and weekends AND taking a dramatic pay cut. Additionally, they are deceiving seniors by claiming to be local reps when, in fact, they may be calling from hundreds of miles away and suggesting communities that they have never visited themselves. RUN!!! Do not even consider working for this evil company!

Advice to Management

Go back to telemarketing. You have destroyed a wonderful business model with your ignorance and greed.