A Place for Mom

www.aplaceformom.com
  www.aplaceformom.com
There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom

Not ready to have a sales force in my opinion

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company platform knowing that you are helping seniors and their families in what is often a stressful and difficult time.

Cons

Serious lack of support from upper management for an outside sales position. The company is still figuring out how they should position themselves to professionals. The messaging from management is inconsistent and ever changing. For an outside sales position, I've never experienced an expense reimbursement process as frustrating as this one. Never mind, no company car or car allowance... ok, that's fine. Mileage is reimbursed at the federal rate but good luck getting that reimbursement in a timely fashion. You are only allowed to submit one expense report a month, for the prior month, and from the time you submit that report it takes at least two weeks to receive that reimbursement if you are lucky. Marketing materials are hard to come by and some of them you are expected to make and distribute on your own which is challenging considering the monthly allowance for marketing.

If you are going to hire a sales force make sure you are prepared to support that sales force monetarily and provide consistent messaging to the field. I understand you are still "figuring" this position out but don't blame lack of performance on the employee if you can't provide the necessary resources.

114 Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom (View Most Recent)

Working with A Players lifts my skills every day

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time

Pros

~ Amazing product / service. Our families love us and I feel good each day knowing I've helped someone
    ~ Top management team. Each person is wickedly smart and my skiills / knowledge increases daily
    ~ Rapidly growing company and industry. Truly exciting to work here and help shape the future of senior housing
    ~ Opportunity to make decisions and have a positive impact on a daily basis

Cons

~ There is a lot going on and sometimes it is hard to stay focused
    ~ Benefits could be better, especially healthcare

Horrible company that doesn't value employees

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a good goal and service to families, making a difference and really helping families. Good view of the lake.

Cons

Working here is like working in a dictatorship, if you don't fall in line or agree with the top level management, even if it goes against your values, you'll be pushed out. No support or growth encouragement. The company also pressures current employees to write good reviews on here because they know that everyone is unhappy, the positive reviews are planted.

instead of putting a band aid over your issues, really listen to your employees and fix your fundamental issues.

There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom