A Place for Mom
www.aplaceformom.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Not ready to have a sales force in my opinion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company platform knowing that you are helping seniors and their families in what is often a stressful and difficult time.

ConsSerious lack of support from upper management for an outside sales position. The company is still figuring out how they should position themselves to professionals. The messaging from management is inconsistent and ever changing. For an outside sales position, I've never experienced an expense reimbursement process as frustrating as this one. Never mind, no company car or car allowance... ok, that's fine. Mileage is reimbursed at the federal rate but good luck getting that reimbursement in a timely fashion. You are only allowed to submit one expense report a month, for the prior month, and from the time you submit that report it takes at least two weeks to receive that reimbursement if you are lucky. Marketing materials are hard to come by and some of them you are expected to make and distribute on your own which is challenging considering the monthly allowance for marketing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to hire a sales force make sure you are prepared to support that sales force monetarily and provide consistent messaging to the field. I understand you are still "figuring" this position out but don't blame lack of performance on the employee if you can't provide the necessary resources.

Working with A Players lifts my skills every day

Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time

Pros: ~ Amazing product / service. Our families love us and I feel good each day knowing I've helped someone ~ Top management team. Each person is… Cons: ~ There is a lot going on and sometimes it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at A Place for Mom full-time

Pros: There are many nice people to work with at A Place For Mom. The management staff is top notch and the experience level of the… Cons: There are typical small company stresses. Very little chance of upward… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on A Place for Mom.

Worked for A Place for Mom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at A Place for Mom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for A Place for Mom CEO Sean Kell. All reviews posted anonymously by A Place for Mom employees.