A Place for Mom

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor
Former Employee - Elder Care Advisor

I worked at A Place for Mom

Pros

If you want to help people at a personal level, this is the job for you. Be prepared to deal with tears and frustration...it's all part of the job. There is a great level of fulfilment when you do your job right.

Cons

Commission sales can be very difficult. If you do not have a financial safety net or other stable income, then you should look elsewhere.

Please stay positive. Your employees don't see you every day and when you present yourself as a stern disciplinarian, the message is too strong.

114 Other Employee Reviews for A Place for Mom (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for who has made such positive advances.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home, opportunity for advancement, great income potential, ability to help families in need.

Cons

No face to face interaction with your co workers- you have to stay in touch with the phone!

Keep up the great work - you are taking us to places we never thought we would go!

An incredible transformation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at A Place for Mom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every role matters here. The company is experiencing high growth which means there's simply too much to do, which is great for job security and career acceleration. If you do well, there many opportunities for advancement. A lot of new roles have been internal promotions.

The people are the greatest in the world. They are smart, compassionate, reasonable, innovative, and inspiring. We hang out together outside of work, and actually enjoy it. I would work with my team at any other company.

The dual mission is pretty unique. It's not just about "hitting your numbers" or "exceeding budget", but about "helping more families" and "uplifting lives". You can view your job as a corporate role, or as a social position, or even as part of the healthcare system. Many think of their job as all three.

Cons

The transition under the new ownership has been challenging. Many people have had their job descriptions change, the founding team has departed, the original branding is being modernized, and most importantly, all the toxic relationships that were inherited are slowly being mended. It's been painful and there have been a couple missteps, but the company is certainly moving in the right direction and is evolving into a top place to work and accelerating their market leading position.

There is a tight knit group at the top that has been through the trenches together before, so don't count on being part of that trusted circle from day 1. But the leadership is a meritocracy, so do good work, be kind, and have a sense of humor and fun and the circle will expand for you.

Stay focused on the dual mission, hiring great people, and making APFM a great place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for A Place for Mom