A.T. Kearney

www.atkearney.com
  www.atkearney.com
There are newer employer reviews for A.T. Kearney

Opportunity to make a strong impact for your clients and your career

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at A.T. Kearney full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ATK is a firm on the move. Growth is strong, culture is strong, utilization is up, and people are getting some great opportunities.

Clients love our work. I have not been on a project that has gone south, indeed I've been on projects where we replace other reputable firms and the comments we get are very flattering. I think this has a lot to do with our collaborative approach. We don't work "on" you... we work "with" you.

If you're a high-performer and are willing to put the work in, the bonus structure will reward you generously. If you're a below-average performer, there will be a strong signal to move you along the process of leaving the firm. I believe these are tremendous "Pros" for the firm. It helps the firm hang onto high performers, and shows them that their hard work and skill are worth something.

Office culture is improving across the board. Chicago has a brand new office with a better layout for collaboration and socialization, which is helping foster a strong culture. New York and San Fran already have these layouts.

If you network the right way, and are willing to settle into a comfortable niche / pyramid, then you can be very successful earlier on.

International assignments are accessible to those who want them. I know of folks that have been to: Dubai, South Africa, Ghana, Australia, UK, Singapore, Turkey, etc. etc.

Cons

-Long Hours (same as every consulting firm)
-Can be pigeon-holed if you don't manage your career better (it is up to the consultant to prevent this, no one at ATK will figure this out for you!)
-Strong reliance on procurement as the wedge into companies - and sometimes the pivot doesn't come soon enough.

You've got a great thing going - keep it up. Please focus a bit more on HR (Change Management, Communication, Policies, Quality, Recruitment, etc.)

A.T. Kearney Response

Nov 3, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback!

252 Other Employee Reviews for A.T. Kearney (View Most Recent)

Excellent Career booster

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at A.T. Kearney full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hands on training and benefits are excellent. Non-traditional and diverse culture at ATK. Some of my best friends and will continue to be so. This is a jumping platform for anyone who wants to pursue business in any industry. It is an excellent way to ensure you are learning to take different points of view, learn sales and marketing, analysis and relationship management from many different aspects.

Cons

As with all consulting firms, have to be ready for the ambiguous and unknown. The industry is changing and the company is trying to change with it. Many folks were not happy with the changes in recent months and have chosen another path. I think in some ways the life style is not sustainable without sacrificing other aspects of your life.

Consider better communication of plans to ensure no surprises.

A.T. Kearney Response

Nov 3, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback!

Excellent people, great culture

I have been working at A.T. Kearney

Pros

Strong focus on delivering value to clients
    Collaborative style

Cons

Travel to client locations
    Long hours