A&E Networks
www.aenetworks.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work...if you are able to get a staff job.

Post Production (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

I have been working at A&E Networks

ProsSmart people. Great atmosphere. Lots of very talented folks. If your'e a team player, you will go far. They are very supportive of a work/life balance as well.

ConsFreelances are called "non-employees". They work the same if not more hours than the "employees". They do the same amount of work. However, they are excluded from meetings, unable to have benefits, and have to fight like dogs for a the last bone to get a staff job. Once you get a staff job, moving up can be difficult. Jobs that are open are seldom posted, but rather people are hand picked to be promoted into that job.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that EVERYONE wants to move up. Not just the person you have in mind. Give everyone the opportunity to apply, and start hiring more staff, instead of freelance. You'd have a happier workforce that stays with you longer!

Great people and great work experience depending on the network

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks

Pros: -friendly atmosphere -upper management and assistants are in constant communication -great benefits -exposure… Cons: -the job is stressful on certain networks -the pay is very… More

Working there were the best years of my life.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks

Pros: Top Benefits, centrally located, top pay many company perks, and… Cons: There are days you work long late hours; no summer Fridays; before the merger with Lifetime senior management was kept on for years; can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on A&E Networks.

Worked for A&E Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at A&E Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for A&E Networks CEO Nancy Dubuc. All reviews posted anonymously by A&E Networks employees.