A1 Solar Power

www.a1solarpower.net
  www.a1solarpower.net
There are newer employer reviews for A1 Solar Power

Asked to give 110% to make this company succeed- but at no benefit to the employees.

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All the office/install employees are awesome and the work atmosphere is pretty laid back.

Cons

No benefits for any A1 Solar employees, no paid vacation, no paid sick days, and most holidays are work days. They make us listen to these motivational meetings, and encourage us to work harder, give it your all, and together we will grow. This company has tripled in size and profits this last year, with NO profit sharing, $0 bonuses, no major raises in compensation, STILL no benefits after 2 years of being promised they were right around the corner, lies about bonuses to come... Just a whole lot of shady propaganda to get us to give more, so that the "partners" can make a killing, with absolutely no incentive for the people making this whole company float and be extremely profitable.

Take care of your employees better with incentives, the good one will leave us.

30 Other Employee Reviews for A1 Solar Power (View Most Recent)

Never in my life have I worked this hard for so little

I have been working at A1 Solar Power

Pros

NOTHING- looking for another job. DO NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY YOU WILL PROBABLY BE HIRED WITHIN A DAY AND WILL REGRET IT AFTER A DAY.

Possibly a resume builder since they work the hell out of you.

Cons

Where to start...
    *NO BENEFITS
    *LOW SALARY
    *Management who do NOTHING all day and get paid more than really hard dedicated workers getting 18/hr.
    *The motivational meetings are the worst, it's more like a cult and they want to reassure you that everything is perfect and you're lucky to even have a job. (yes true- not in this case, this job will give you PTS)
    *They're so cheap we never have what we need in the office to even function and struggle to do the job sometimes because lack of resources and organization and standard procedures.
    *The accounting is so backwards they have a million people doing one thing. All they care about is money but they don;t have an actual strong accounting deot.
    *So much change happens you don't know what you're going to have dropped on you when you come back from your lunch.
    *They mold you into thinking about work %100 and thats not right. Everyone is always stressed out. Not only I but other employees say this job is effecting their home life.

You're starting to do something right by looking at NUMBERS vs who can BS their way to the top. You increase salaries and promote idiots, take a look at talent and the employees who dedicate their time and energy. If someone is awesome at their job don't keep them there at the same low salary for all the hard work they have done and continue to do (and money they have made for you)-have them manage , give them better compensation and let them expand their talents onto others, otherwise you will continue to struggle and lose people to better more established companies with BENEFITS like 401k, Health, Vacation, Sick Pay and better salary. Face it you're not a startup any longer and you have he money.

Look at job descriptions and base your salaries on that- work load & responsibility should equal better pay.

We're an American company- start giving us the usual Holidays. It's discriminating to other culture and religion what you're doing by not giving us the typical American holidays to enjoy with our families.

Shame on you for being so greedy.

Not enough words to describe how bad this company is.......

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at A1 Solar Power part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the other employees were fun to hang out with, that's the only good thing that i can remember.

Cons

These people are scum. They rip off their customers, they rip off their employees, and they make a terrible work place. I have never wanted to quit a job before, and this was the first time. After working there for nearly a year and giving them every chance to see if they were only terrible to their entry level employees but that was not the case. They are terrible to everyone. Don't expect to see all of your money either.

Find another job, i don't see this company lasting too long and if it does they are going to fire you any how. This is a company for crooks, by crooks, and is out to hire crooks

There are newer employer reviews for A1 Solar Power