A123 Systems

A123 Train Wreck

Technician (Former Employee)
Livonia, MI

I worked at A123 Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits and nice pay if you are not a production worker.

ConsComplete lack of common sense, organization and accountability by any department.. The quality of their product and the manufacturing equipment is terrible at best.. I was so happy to have found another company to work for that is the complete opposite of A123.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have proven time and time again that you do not have the right people in the positions that you needed to become a success. Mismanagement has run this company into the ground. Nice golden parachute the executives have given themselves just before announcing a complete recall of their garbage product. You people keep smiling all the way to the bank..

Poor Execution in All Areas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Livonia, MI

I worked at A123 Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros: Competitive salary and medical Lots of opportunities to come up with creative solutions as part… Cons: Lots of product development hype, not enough follow through. A large portion of the compensation package (stock option) was worthless. Executive Management tried to apply the "Silicon… Advice to Senior Management: This applies to executive management... I can tell you all the things you should have done. Such as: you should have purchased equipment from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Panicking employees openly talking about leaving the company

Battery Engineer (Current Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at A123 Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Get paid for doing nothing, get paid while polishing your resume… Cons: People are leaving in droves, even some managers openly told their subordinates they are working on their resumes and networking with outside. No collaboration with… Advice to Senior Management: Focusing on EV while the product quality, price can't even remotely viable is a recipe for failure, even you get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on A123 Systems.

Worked for A123 Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at A123 Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for A123 Systems CEO Edward Kopkowski. All reviews posted anonymously by A123 Systems employees.