A123 Systems

www.a123systems.com

A123 can fail at any time, employees already gave up hope and no hope for Wanxiang take-over.

Battery Scientist (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

Pros1). Get paid while you are not doing that mich work, good benefits.
2). Learning new things from other smart people!

Cons1). Company is like a victim whose heart was just ripped out fresh by Lazard capital, it is still beating in the hand of the ripper and the brain can fuction for another 30 sec, but death is imminent.
2).Company solicited buy-out from every car company, every energy company and every major conglomerates, but they all turn it down due to ZERO hope of a commercial success.
3). Totally worthless stock options.
4). Technology is wonderful technically, but the cost is way too high.
5). Incompetent managers, and still audacious enough to demand 12 month pay upon termination by the new owner.
6). Quality control is too difficult, leads to very high cost per kwh. (>$1500/Kwh)
7). Folks from Ann Arbor and R&D headquarter also felt as bad as us.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe all know any new owner will terminate you the second this transaction is over, but that day will never come, because there is no realistic hope A123 will be on NASDAQ NEXT YEAR (requirement for take-over)), CFIUS will kill it and Wanxiang will be drowned by the spit from politicians in an election year.

crazy place to work

Production Operator (Current Employee) Romulus, MI

I have been working at A123 Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros: you can pretty much come to work and still get… Cons: we should be in the manure bussiness because that,s what we make.IF you dont kiss management butt cant move up in… Advice to Senior Management: lose your buddy systems and stop lying No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The technology is flawed and basically worthless

R&D Scientist (Current Employee) Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at A123 Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay, good benefits, working with very smart people Cons: I mean the technology is totally flawed because the process of making high performance LiFePO4 is very expensive and prone to quality issues. Bad communication… Advice to Senior Management: You people are crooks because you had no confidence in this company and sold your shares from the beginning and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on A123 Systems.

Worked for A123 Systems? Contribute to the Community!