Fun place to work

I worked at AAA Mid-Atlantic

Pros

Good people, fun environment, decent pay.

Cons

None, great place to start a career

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Insurance agent for over 4 years

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Newark, DE

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like going to work and want to get away with doing nothing all day, this is the job for you. You can watch movies and surf the internet all day without AAA knowing. Extreme poor. good base pay and used to be good pay before all the cuts. No longer the case.

Cons

Everything! Management is extremely poor. Promotions are only given to people they like instead of people who are qualified for the rolls. Company is going down.. The company is extreme unprofessional. They have had pay cuts in the incentives/commissions 3 times in the last 2 years. This company is a joke.. Honestly, I have work for some of the top organizations in the world and AAA operations from direct management up to the senior executives is horrific. many departments have been consolidated(removed) and/or moved out of state. You have been warned. One more thing, training for an insurance agent here is extremely poor as well, There is no training besides systematic training. I am glad I had my insurance license before I came to this company.

Advice to Management

For senior management/executives, You need to be more involved with you direct sales force(agents).Replace your supervisors and sales mangers to more qualified individuals be more professional in all aspects of you carrier. Meaning, treat you employees FAIRLY. For direct management at NOC.. Do all of us a favor and QUIT! 95% of us hate the management and sale support staff because they are worthless and unproductive. One person could do the job the currently takes 5 dimwits to do.

Awful hours, great pay for a job which requires little to no previous skill set.

Current Employee - Dispatch Coordinator in Hamilton, NJ
    Current Employee - Dispatch Coordinator in Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No manual labor. New up to date facilities.

Cons

Stressful position, poor hours. No overtime.

Advice to Management

Meh